Transfer Deadline Day Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Transfer Deadline Day Thread

I have been to the ground today.
Did stand outside the sign and try to do a live video report to SSN but they didn’t bite.
Other than that was very quiet, I think you barely see anyone there everything at the EPC

If Poole goes I'd be pretty much okay with the options we currently have in the squad in Eyoma, Benn and Ahui. TJ was terrific in that role when on loan and is showing signs of getting back to that level. Benn and Ahui showed promise in their Pizza Cup games, allowing for the standard of the opposition in those games of course. And as you say with Montsma being back in the fold we have sufficient cover in the centre.
Basically I don't think a panic right back buy is a priority even if Regan moves on. Other positions are

Poole is the closest we have to a leader in the team (and one who isn't regularly out of action) and is relatively experienced despite not being particularly old himself. I'm not sure eyoma, Benn and Ahui fills me with confidence with two unproven and one having shown he can be susceptible to a drop in form!

Poole is the closest we have to a leader in the team (and one who isn't regularly out of action) and is relatively experienced despite not being particularly old himself. I'm not sure eyoma, Benn and Ahui fills me with confidence with two unproven and one having shown he can be susceptible to a drop in form!

I agree.

If we had, say, 6 more points than we currently do then I’d happily cash in.

But we just haven’t quite got enough on the board yet to let Poole go and for us feel comfortable about it.

Back on thread, I’ve been told to expect two ins and at least two outs between now and 11pm.

Assuming one of the outs is Vernam, with Benn/Ahui/Long sent on loan?

I haven't seen Regan's name linked anywhere for quite a few weeks so it's probably a moot point in any case.

Let’s be honest, when Poole/Bramall were signed in January and Poole replaced the successful TJ /Harry partnership on the right, he and the team struggled and we slowly slipped down from top position.
Players signed in January (Tom Pett for example) can find it hard to immediately fit in and often need a pre season before they show their full potential.
Patience needed.

Let’s be honest, when Poole/Bramall were signed in January and Poole replaced the successful TJ /Harry partnership on the right, he and the team struggled and we slowly slipped down from top position.
Players signed in January (Tom Pett for example) can find it hard to immediately fit in and often need a pre season before they show their full potential.
Patience needed.

Personal feeling, Poole was absolutely fine but the team dropped off for other reasons (midfield, teams being more cautious against us, Grant and Bridcutt injuries, Montsma goals dropping off) and because he was a new signing at the same time as the form dropped off everyone started talking about Eyoma as if they were Cafu because he was in a winning team. Not to rehash old ground :lol:

I guess the risk is this time if you are right, there's not much of a bedding in period /we're not challenging for promotion, we need to stay up and have some critical games coming up so a can't really afford a prolonged bedding in period