Transfer Deadline Day Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Transfer Deadline Day Thread

With Plange confirmed we still need another striker and 2 midfielders. Being greedy but we have a lot to lose if we feck this up again. Not too fussed on wingers, lower leagues are full of show pony wingers who turn it on for five minutes every 2 games. I much prefer the Anderson, Hawkridge hard working wide men than the flashy type unless they are called Nathan Arnold.

I'm not sure how I feel about Hackett, feels like with wingers we've sort of been reshuffling the deckchairs on the titanic while the midfield sinks. If it's like Vernam, Garrick out, Hackett and Shodipo in I'm not entirely convinced it's major upgrades just that any of them would get on better if the midfield is better to get them the ball?

Might be wrong and they do turn out to be much better players, don't know! But maybe Vernam and Garrick would have looked good with Erhahon + another CM.

I mean we can't both be the slowest moving it forward and also have a game plan that solely involves smashing it long to Ben House's head for him to lose it?
I'm glad it's not just me. I posted on another thread. House is not a aerial ball winning centre forward, but time an again we expect him to develop better off the ground coordination and combative aerial dogfight credentials.
Ball at his feet, feeding off a target man or someone who can hold the ball up for him, Diamond and Mandroiu and any new forwards who join.
However, what do I know!!! It's easy writing this stuff, it's another getting it to work on the paddock. It's happens every transfer window.....the hope that it will all workout for the better. Up the Imps!!

A couple of thoughts on erhahon.
shows the club have been looking at this position (dcmf) for a while, and were looking for a high ticket price player to come in.

he might be a young player, but he is not an inexperienced young player.

he might be a young player but that doesn’t mean he is not a ‘leader‘ type.

remains to be seen if he hits the mark - and if we even sign him - but the recruitment, the age/potential of the player, and the direction from the club all looks right in line with what fans would agree with and back.
uti.

Think will see some departures whether loan or otherwise
I thought Oakley-Boothe would have been sent back but maybe Stoke havent agreed to let us return him.

Also thought maybe we might convert Virtue to permanent or send him back.

Vernam out if Hackett comes in?

Late bid for Poole from Cardiff? Who do we have to replace him at RB?

Bishop off the wage bill for a nominal fee?

Maybe a CB out now that Montsma is back in the squad?

Sam Long out to NLN/NLS?

I thought Oakley-Boothe would have been sent back but maybe Stoke havent agreed to let us return him.

Also thought maybe we might convert Virtue to permanent or send him back.

Vernam out if Hackett comes in?

Bishop off the wage bill for a nominal fee?

Maybe a CB out now that Montsma is back in the squad?

Sam Long out to NLN/NLS?

Not sure about the market for Long after the Boston spell?

If Poole goes I'd be pretty much okay with the options we currently have in the squad in Eyoma, Benn and Ahui. TJ was terrific in that role when on loan and is showing signs of getting back to that level. Benn and Ahui showed promise in their Pizza Cup games, allowing for the standard of the opposition in those games of course. And as you say with Montsma being back in the fold we have sufficient cover in the centre.
Basically I don't think a panic right back buy is a priority even if Regan moves on. Other positions are

There's a little bit on the Sky Sports deadline page that quotes the St Mirren boss looking at players following the DEPARTURE of Ethan Erhahon and the one going to Palace. Looking more and more hopeful unless we've been gazumped by another team

There's a little bit on the Sky Sports deadline page that quotes the St Mirren boss looking at players following the DEPARTURE of Ethan Erhahon and the one going to Palace. Looking more and more hopeful unless we've been gazumped by another team
I hope we announce him soon and don't leave it till 11, or my blood pressure might take a hit.