Transfer deadline day January 2022 | Page 4 | Vital Football

Transfer deadline day January 2022

What do we think overall then assuming we keep MGW till the end of the season and Davies is over his personal problems? I'm surprised that Berge is still here but we've haven't really been kicked in the nuts have we? We've now got an experienced backup keeper and there seems to be competition for places throughout although like I've already said the left side of our defence will still be our weakest link IMO. I'll be interesting to see if Brewster, Jebberston, MGW and Ndiaye can all play together in the side. Throw in Bogle in his current form and it seems a pretty exciting prospect.

What do we think overall then assuming we keep MGW till the end of the season and Davies is over his personal problems? I'm surprised that Berge is still here but we've haven't really been kicked in the nuts have we? We've now got an experienced backup keeper and there seems to be competition for places throughout although like I've already said the left side of our defence will still be our weakest link IMO. I'll be interesting to see if Brewster, Jebberston, MGW and Ndiaye can all play together in the side. Throw in Bogle in his current form and it seems a pretty exciting prospect.

True Gray - the team is starting to look more dynamic. Its more focussed on youth and pace......the promised transition is starting to happen without too much pain.

So no buy clause in the Goode deal. We have 4 loans and 7 players out of contract this year. We have kicked the can down the Road again and Hecky has serioulsy trimmed the wage bill. The next transfer window is going to be huge and will set the tone of the club for the next few years. I do hope the Prince gets his new investment.
Everybody was reporting it as with an option to buy but nothing on the o/s so we must assume not
out of those 7 I know we have a yrs option on sharp and Osborn and bash will trigger his his with appearances barring injury not sure on the other 4 or who they are

Best we could hope for or certainly what I hoped for getting 100k a week off the wage bill is huge alright we’ve added a couple back on but they won’t be on anywhere near what the departees were on and we have cover on the centre/right defence (providing he can stay fit) the only fly in the ointment for me is brewsters injury but that’s not down to management but if jebbo hits form it could be a blessing in disguise (I’d rather he had stayed at burton but needs must) oh and freeman going would have been good but I suppose we can’t have everything

No mate, as always any person is innoncent until ;proven guilty....even Andrew.

I was making reference to the difference in attitudes to the two players, as seen on social media and football forums including this one. I'm very much an 'innocent until proven guilty' type of guy myself especially on sex related charges. Men have their lives and careers destroyed by the allegation, regardless of how they are found by the jury.

I am really pleased we have offloaded alot of cost and deadwood but as a club we really need Berge and McBurnie to contribute more. My 2 problem area's are the left side and central midfield. We need an enforcer in midfield that also has the pace to drive forwards into pockets of space. That player could be Berge but we have not got another player who can do the enforcer part of that.
I think we will have a good run now but we struggle against the better teams. who will press us in midfield.
If we could get Brewster, Jebbo, Ndiaye and MGM firing then that part of the team does look exciting
Probably will just fall short through a lack of quality but we do look alot more solid and organised.

For next season, when MGW is not here, I do agree with Bully that possible Bogle could play further forward. He is not a great defender but excellent going towards the opposition.

With our hands tied through lack of money I think Hecky and the team have done as good as they could have done in the JTW.

I am really pleased we have offloaded alot of cost and deadwood but as a club we really need Berge and McBurnie to contribute more. My 2 problem area's are the left side and central midfield. We need an enforcer in midfield that also has the pace to drive forwards into pockets of space. That player could be Berge but we have not got another player who can do the enforcer part of that.
I think we will have a good run now but we struggle against the better teams. who will press us in midfield.
If we could get Brewster, Jebbo, Ndiaye and MGM firing then that part of the team does look exciting
Probably will just fall short through a lack of quality but we do look alot more solid and organised.

For next season, when MGW is not here, I do agree with Bully that possible Bogle could play further forward. He is not a great defender but excellent going towards the opposition.

With our hands tied through lack of money I think Hecky and the team have done as good as they could have done in the JTW.
BfL you seem to always say Sander and McB need to contribute more but I still say they need to play to show you and other Blades what they can do in this division.
The asnwer is in the hands of Hecky.

Our problem is on the left and more so since Jack was injured> My lad says Jack help persuade us that Enda was good.

There's a reason you don't get to see players in the team if they aren't injured.

Mainly because those who see them day in and day out in training, and in the games they have featured in, don't think they have done enough to displace those that are chosen.

Everybody was reporting it as with an option to buy but nothing on the o/s so we must assume not
out of those 7 I know we have a yrs option on sharp and Osborn and bash will trigger his his with appearances barring injury not sure on the other 4 or who they are

As I understand it: those out of contract this Summer are: (plus the 4 loans)

Ozzy, Didzy, Bash, Billy, Robinson, Freeman, Davies
Not sure about options except Davies.

If interested: 2023: the two Ollies, Fleck, Stevens, Wes, Jebbo, Magic Jack
2024: Egan, Bogle, Baldock, RND, Ndiaye, Berge
2025: Rhian

I think they are in for a rude awakening with their chosen alternative!!
273100387_313034580839893_8965468590208754350_n.jpg

I see Jamie Murphy has joined young Cloughie's Mansfield from Hibs and our ex loanee keeper Jamal Blackman has gone to Udders. UTB

5, Phillips, Rothwell, Dembele, Cantwell and Moore
I wonder if Cantwell's been injured,i thought he was highly rated by Norwich.Terrific window for Bournemouth tho but ya just know if we'd signed 5 in january some of our happy fanbase would've been moaning we didn't need to sign so many but i know we were never gunna sign that many i know before anyone starts gobbin at me. UTB

As I understand it: those out of contract this Summer are: (plus the 4 loans)

Ozzy, Didzy, Bash, Billy, Robinson, Freeman, Davies
Not sure about options except Davies.

If interested: 2023: the two Ollies, Fleck, Stevens, Wes, Jebbo, Magic Jack
2024: Egan, Bogle, Baldock, RND, Ndiaye, Berge
2025: Rhian
BILLY,BASH & Osborn i'd like to stay this summer,Possibly Davies. UTB

BfL you seem to always say Sander and McB need to contribute more but I still say they need to play to show you and other Blades what they can do in this division.
The asnwer is in the hands of Hecky.

Our problem is on the left and more so since Jack was injured> My lad says Jack help persuade us that Enda was good.
Chips, Sander has the ability to prove me wrong but for me McBurnie does not have the technical qualities needed to become a top player. Maybe in a West Brom or Burnley team he would be better but not the way we are playing now. Jebbo, Brewster and Ndiaye should be our future front line.

Oh shut up FFS. Same old boring bollocks like this. Tiresome.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Now that's funny thee callin anyone boring or tiresome Herby.Go and have a jab if you ever get brave enough and whilst you're there take the knee as well Mr Interesting.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Are you still chatting to yourself on BLADESmad? UTB

Last edited:
Ex Blade Kevin McDonald signed a short term deal with Dundee Utd less than a year after having a Kidney transplant.Good luck to the fella. UTB