Transfer Deadline Day 2023 | Page 18 | Vital Football

Transfer Deadline Day 2023

And not enough chairs and tables when the squad goes for dinner together - I wonder where they do that, in the banqueting hall at Priestfield maybe?

There's a large players bar/room abo ve the changing rooms.

There's a large players bar/room abo ve the changing rooms.

My dad used to know the guy on the front door some years back and we went in their a few times a few years ago. Not a bad little set up, but only had bottled beer, if I remember rightly. We were sitting in their pre-match with Jack Payne's parents, who seemed like a nice local family and McCammon was sitting in the corner on his own (was injured of course) and spent the whole time fucking about on his phone and ignoring everyone else.

Slightly irrelevant but stockley scored on his fleetwood debut and oshilja scored for burton

Wonder how the poor Fleetwood fans are feeling?

Their new megabuck star pairing up forward, combine with a goal and assist to put them 1-0 up. They then proceed to lose at home to the 23rd placed Burton.

Ups n downs of a football supporter eh?

I do wonder if we have reached our wage cap? Harris was alluding to it n an article on kentonline.

It may explain why we have haven't announced the young lad from Chatham as well? The non league transfer window opens tmw I believe so we might see one or two leave this week and Orji announced with hopefully a free agent by Brad just before he leaves for Tampa mid week!

Fingers crossed

I do wonder if we have reached our wage cap? Harris was alluding to it n an article on kentonline.

It may explain why we have haven't announced the young lad from Chatham as well? The non league transfer window opens tmw I believe so we might see one or two leave this week and Orji announced with hopefully a free agent by Brad just before he leaves for Tampa mid week!

Fingers crossed
We don’t have a salary cap in this league 👍

I thought there was a wages to income ratio for league one and two?

Not a wage cap as such but limits the amount of your turnover spent on wages?

There is. It’s called Salary Cap Management Protocol.
It’s 60% of turnover for League One and 55% for League Two.

And I believe it’s a rolling average over 3 years or similar. And they reckon we have usually been spending a lot less than that on our playing budget the last few seasons (outside Covid).

We might not be spending any more at the moment. But I’d doubt it’s due to any regulations limiting us.

I think at our level the salary cap allows for investments from owners

It does, owner investments (ie not loans) count towards turnover.

Harry Smith is leaving Orient, I wonder where he’s off to but expecting it to be very local to us. Maidstone maybe?

It does, owner investments (ie not loans) count towards turnover.

Harry Smith is leaving Orient, I wonder where he’s off to but expecting it to be very local to us. Maidstone maybe?

He's already played for two clubs this season.

Not sure if that rule applies outside the EFL.

He's already played for two clubs this season.

Not sure if that rule applies outside the EFL.

He can go to non-league yes, I think he would have had to agreed a mutual termination to go to a league club (I’m not suggesting he’s coming to us btw).