Town v Athletic...matchday thread | Vital Football

Town v Athletic...matchday thread

jocklatic

Vital 1st Team Regular
Will we be up for it after the big match? Will this kick start us again? Will we know who SM plans to start with & will we climb a little further up the league come 5pm Saturday?
Think this will be a tester after the big build up to Monday, the match itself & the come down. Hopefully SM has them back on terra firma & focused on the job in hand, which is getting points on the board with a decent performance & a good confident win. Going for a 0-2 win 😉

Got to start with a striker today playing in a strikers position and maybe and this is a big hope, aim to get a least 5 shots on target. Also less silly playing out from the back and more long balls.

Start with the intent of the 2nd half at Barnsley and we win a tight match. Matt Smith nearing fitness annall and we will pick points up everywhere.

1-3

Most if not all of our absentees are returning to action now, so (hopefully) a fully fit squad to choose from will soon be on the horizon. I fancy us for a win today & don't really care how we do it. Whether we score from open play, set play, off someone's backside, own goal - as long as we win.

Most if not all of our absentees are returning to action now, so (hopefully) a fully fit squad to choose from will soon be on the horizon. I fancy us for a win today & don't really care how we do it. Whether we score from open play, set play, off someone's backside, own goal - as long as we win.
i think 'inofhisarse' is fit today and might come on in the second half.
but like said by jeffs and hindley. sean has got to start a striker and weve got to pley with intent. fanny around and well lose this 1-0 in the 88th min
0-1 for me

Got to start with a striker today playing in a strikers position and maybe and this is a big hope, aim to get a least 5 shots on target. Also less silly playing out from the back and more long balls.
Youre one of the people who moaned about "hoofball" being played under LR, when it was really more long ball play. So now you seem to have had a complete change of mind

Play with aggression, and not forgetting to keep a tight defence, and we will come away with at least a point.

Todays Team:

Latics: Tickle, Sessegnon, Clare, Morrison, Hughes, Chambers, Adeeko, Aasgaard, Jones, Godo, Magennis (Capt).

Subs: Amos, Kerr, M.Smith, J.Smith, McManaman, Humphrys, Wyke.

Good to see both Matt Smith and Jason Kerr back on the bench.

No Lang however!!! On his way?

We look very light in midfield today, hopefully we won’t be overrun. They’re no mugs, I can see them doing us over today and getting a 2-0 win.

Todays Team:

Latics: Tickle, Sessegnon, Clare, Morrison, Hughes, Chambers, Adeeko, Aasgaard, Jones, Godo, Magennis (Capt).

Subs: Amos, Kerr, M.Smith, J.Smith, McManaman, Humphrys, Wyke.

Good to see both Matt Smith and Jason Kerr back on the bench.

No Lang however!!! On his way?
Dont know but Shaun said Langy has a calf injury who knows