Town v Athletic...matchday thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

Town v Athletic...matchday thread

So, genuine question, is Humphrys a high earner? We signed him from Rochdale and I can't think he was on big wages there so I'm sure we offered him a little more. However, he wasn't a stand-out player when we signed him so surely we didn't offer him Wyke-esque wages???

I think Heats utilised him as more of a Lee Mcculloch style winger. No too dissimilar to how Maloney had him playing. I think the injury is hampering him quite a bit, but it also feels like his time with us is coming to an end and he probably senses it himself. We don't know what has been said behind the scenes to the high earners, but they won't be daft and will know they don't fit the new model

He was second string to Lawrence Shankland for most of the season.
So, genuine question, is Humphrys a high earner? We signed him from Rochdale and I can't think he was on big wages there so I'm sure we offered him a little more. However, he wasn't a stand-out player when we signed him so surely we didn't offer him Wyke-esque wages???

No. Humphrys is not really in the category of a high earner as you say he was signed from Rochdale and would have been signed on a reasonable wage for the time.

He was second string to Lawrence Shankland for most of the season.
Yep, as an out and out striker. Certainly performed more on the outside of a front three though because I remember having the conversation with my Edinburgh based colleagues that we never saw him in that role. He was well loved up there too, but was allowed to leave early to sort his Latics contract out