Town v Athletic...matchday thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Town v Athletic...matchday thread

I just hope we don’t perform like we have done on some of the previous away games where we’ve had 3 anttacking players and then the rest of the team camped on the edge of our own box. We also need to pass it quickly and try to go forward not just roll it around at the back, it just invites pressure and we end up making mistakes.

Big Josh looking for his 70th league goal in his 520th league appearance today........
What a number nine,got to be up there alongside football goal scoring greats like Greaves,Müller and Péle.

Youre one of the people who moaned about "hoofball" being played under LR, when it was really more long ball play. So now you seem to have had a complete change of mind
I moaned about playing one up front under Leam. I moaned about not playing out and out wingers.
I have never had much objection to long balls being played. It can be much more effective at this level.

Tickle's hands seemed to be behind the ball, and their player kicked it through. Why is that a penalty?

Also, 2 minutes previously, the ref gave us advantage when ( I think it was Aasgard) was fouled twice on the edge of the box, but then lost the ball ... and he didn't go back to the foul.

Shite reffing

Tickle's hands seemed to be behind the ball, and their player kicked it through. Why is that a penalty?

Also, 2 minutes previously, the ref gave us advantage when ( I think it was Aasgard) was fouled twice on the edge of the box, but then lost the ball ... and he didn't go back to the foul.

Shite reffing
I thought it was a clear pen tbh. Adeeko was very sloppy and Tickle was slow to react.

We look pedestrian again, despite dominating the ball we’re not doing much with it and there doesn’t look much threat. Nobody makes any runs in behind, it’s all in front of their defenders and it’s easy for them to predict what we’re going to do.

I’m honestly concerned that if the current away from carries on then we’ll go down this season. I’ve seen a couple to teams (Carlisle and Fleetwood) who looked very poor and I think they’ll go down. There’s times when we’re as bad as they were though. We can play well but the lack of consistency could really cost us this season.

Just cant see what people see in Aasgard he is prancing around like a prima donna, Clare has been shit so far and Maginnis well