• Win

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Lose

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Exactly , Doherty and Davies not Bale and Moura FFS, it's on Jose. He has been drumming it into the players a game lasts 95 minutes.

I dont even think it needed both of them to come on. Just Davies as a 3rd CB when Ndombele went off and then Vinicius for Son so hoofs upfield might get held up. The more I analyse it, the more I think it was naivity by Mourinho, which is concerning from someone so experienced.

Nah I don't buy that. It was bad how easy it was for them to break passed Reguilon and Lucas and the cross came in at a awkward height and at pace. Sanchez should have done better, of course, but the fault came earlier in the move. Thats why I find it harsh to just blame Sanchez for it. It was a collective mistake.

It's a mistake we see from Lucas every time he pulls on the shirt. Whether it's on the half way line or deep into his own third, he will always switch off. Let's face it. We all know Yarmolenko was going to make that run and we all knew Moura wouldn't go with him.

Lucas is a great guy, but just not at the level we need.

It's a mistake we see from Lucas every time he pulls on the shirt. Whether it's on the half way line or deep into his own third, he will always switch off. Let's face it. We all know Yarmolenko was going to make that run and we all knew Moura wouldn't go with him.

Lucas is a great guy, but just not at the level we need.

In his defence though, he isn't a defensive player. We dropped too deep and of the 3 CMs on the pitch, not one of them was there to support Reguilon. I personally think Jose asks too much of his some of his attacking players because he doesnt ask the right things of his midfielders.

Like I say, I'm finding it hard to directly blame anyone for their goals bar Sissoko for not jumping for their first and Mourinho for poor choice of subs.

In his defence though, he isn't a defensive player. We dropped too deep and of the 3 CMs on the pitch, not one of them was there to support Reguilon. I personally think Jose asks too much of his some of his attacking players because he doesnt ask the right things of his midfielders.

Like I say, I'm finding it hard to directly blame anyone for their goals bar Sissoko for not jumping for their first and Mourinho for poor choice of subs.

If Lloris hadn't yelled at Sanchez he would have had TWO own goals. Sanchez' positional awareness is nonexistent.

Nah I don't buy that. It was bad how easy it was for them to break passed Reguilon and Lucas and the cross came in at a awkward height and at pace. Sanchez should have done better, of course, but the fault came earlier in the move. Thats why I find it harsh to just blame Sanchez for it. It was a collective mistake.
Fair point but I still think Sanchez is the weak point in our defence, what Jose sees in him is beyond me,he is absolutely shite..

Hugo almost saved that last goal. He got across so quickly and even got a hand to it but it was hit with such power he couldnt get enough on it to deflect it. If he had saved that, it would have been one of the best saves I have ever seen. Unlucky Hugo, fine margins, as was Kanes shot against the post, Bale did all the hard work to score but dragged wide, we were a little unlucky.

Well, Mrs Hoddle and I snuck away to Noosa in Queensland for the weekend to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. Beautiful food, accommodation and fine Gin. Came back on Sunday night know my Spurs would complete a brilliant weekend.

MMMmmm.

What a brilliant first half of football from what looked like a title winning team. Thing is, the game of football lasts 90 mins.

Sure you can blame Jose for bringing on Moura and Bale, but our defensive set up was just horrific.

I really feel for Kane would played out of his skin at both ends of the pitch, and was unlucky not to get a hatrick. If everyone played at 80% of Kanes intensity we would've walked away with 3 points.

8 points from 5 games is just not good enough, having given away 5 points from previous "should've won games".

On a good note, many teams drew this weekend and we showed we can play top c;lass entertaining football, albeit for 45 mins.

I here what u guys say and like u I feel the pain. But - I have to be honest, at the final whistle I couldn't stop laughing ....

I did predict an own goal...just nominated the wrong player. Is that worth anything??? Is it? is it? Please!

Last edited:
Hugo almost saved that last goal. He got across so quickly and even got a hand to it but it was hit with such power he couldnt get enough on it to deflect it. If he had saved that, it would have been one of the best saves I have ever seen. Unlucky Hugo, fine margins, as was Kanes shot against the post, Bale did all the hard work to score but dragged wide, we were a little unlucky.

Having got so close to try and save it, I thought Hugo attempted the save with his right hand, instead of his left which is further away. It may have allowed him that split second more to react & deflect it over the bar. I don't know how you feel we were unlucky when spam dominated the game for an hour.

Having got so close to try and save it, I thought Hugo attempted the save with his right hand, instead of his left which is further away. It may have allowed him that split second more to react & deflect it over the bar. I don't know how you feel we were unlucky when spam dominated the game for an hour.

When you think back though, West Ham dominated most of the game. I remember writing that we had barely been out of our half for 16 mins and were 3-0 up. What annoyed me most is at 3-0 up we still can't relax and pass the ball around. There is no running off the ball to create space and retain possession. It is as if the handcuffs are well and truly on the players by Jose. That just leaves the shape too rigid.

When you think back though, West Ham dominated most of the game. I remember writing that we had barely been out of our half for 16 mins and were 3-0 up. What annoyed me most is at 3-0 up we still can't relax and pass the ball around. There is no running off the ball to create space and retain possession. It is as if the handcuffs are well and truly on the players by Jose. That just leaves the shape too rigid.
That was a criticism levelled at him at United.

I thought Declan Rice was absolutely immense today. He was the best midfielder on display by a mile. I have never seen him be so offensive in his play and I can see why he has the armband. He never stopped working hard and driving his team forward. Fair play.
My granny would have looked good given the amount of open space he had to round in....I don’t rate him at all which shows just how bad our MF is, but would agree that he had the desire and energy to kick our backsides which was so missing from our players.

As in many previous matches we're not controlling the games but relying on individual brilliance.

Ndombele is doing fine although he has at least another gear to go up. To get the best out of him though I think he needs (and the team needs) another creative midfielder working with him. Lo Celso is obviously that player. And if one of those isn't available I would bring in Lamela or Dele. Or even Gedson.

The 4-3-3 setup, I think, is the right one for this squad. But we need a creative midfield pairing working in tandem with PEH at the base. We'll never control a game in the PL - even against the lower teams - unless we have players in the centre of the pitch who have good ball control and retention, passing ability and a football brain to find space, see the opportunities around them and read the game .

Yeah instead of pain & rage now...I mainly just feel not surprised. Kind of sad that we have gotten used to this crap.

Stupidly or maybe naively, I was saying to a mate just last week how I thought Jose had (and is) curing the 'Spursiness' by instilling that nasty edge to the mentality of the players - I've seen it in previous games, but maybe Spursiness is a far more stubborn stain to shift!

...that and Jose going for the fairytale introduction of Bale instead of suring up our defence!

Last edited:
Stupidly or maybe naively, I was saying to a mate just last week how I thought Jose had (and is) curing the 'Pursiness' by instilling that nasty edge to the mentality of the players - I've seen it in previous games, but maybe Spursiness is a far more stubborn stain to shift!

...that and Jose going for the fairytale introduction of Bale instead of suring up our defence!

I know how defensive some here get of Jose, but sorry guys that game was lost in the dressing room at half-time and by the changes we made in the second half - I could go into why we tactically handed them the initiative and how Jose did that, but I'm not going to - I'm just going to add that when a coach switches off and believes the game is over, that's when you get bitten in the arse the way we were.

Utterly unnecessary and very worrying because Jose should have known better and needs to take a long hard look at how his change of formation and tactics failed us.