Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester City FC | Page 4 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester City FC

If that is true we are stuffed as poch is trying to contain them rather than go for thier throats...Sissokko is not able to technically cope with the likes of their midfield technically gifted players...we r fckucked
His last two games were relatively decent and he did supply a great cross for an assist, so he may surprise us all tonight by stepping up to the plate and playing his socks off, I'm hoping so anyway.
But I do agree, we NEED to go for the throat, like I said earlier, rough em up big time and give them no space to think. or breath.
Try and contain them and they'll run rings round us.

Last edited:
Gobsmacked Sissoko is starting this game ahead of Eriksen or Winksy. We need a midfield that can keep hold of the ball.....don't see that in him. Granted he had a half decent game last time out, hopefully he will prove me wrong this time...….but I think we will be chasing shadows and lots of misplaced passing....

Not surprised , gone for pace but with guile on the bench. Lamela starting indicates how fit he is.

If Sissoko plays how he normally plays then he is going to be a big liability with his lack of control in midfield..... His pace will not be of any use without the ball or control. Big mistake in my opinion.....glad Lamela is starting, but wish Eriksen was or Winksy instead of Sissoko

What concerns me is that we keep (having to?) swapping and changing the 11. When was the last time when we fielded a virtually unchanged side in two consecutive games? No wonder our team plays like strangers with little cohesion. Thus leading to sideways and backwards. Last couple of seasons, you could predict thh line-up, getting 9 out of 11 right.

You can only rely on make-shift teams so much before we get truly shown up by a well oiled machine of teams like Citeh, Barca, Liverpool, etc.

Here's hoping we start on the front foot and get out of our own half with fewer touches.

What the hell is the matter with you people, one minute your slagging the club for flogging players to death and the next minute your slagging them for resting players.
We have a cup game on Wednesday against W.H. I guarantee if he had picked Winks and Eriksen tonight and rolled over against W.H. you would start banging on about not taking the cup seriously.
It really is time people cop on to themselves and look at the whole picture.

We were never winning this so glad resting the big guns for wed

What the hell is the matter with you people, one minute your slagging the club for flogging players to death and the next minute your slagging them for resting players.
We have a cup game on Wednesday against W.H. I guarantee if he had picked Winks and Eriksen tonight and rolled over against W.H. you would start banging on about not taking the cup seriously.
It really is time people cop on to themselves and look at the whole picture.

Poch has gone for physicality in MF first half, the more creative ones could still play their part.

What time we going for the Hugo blunder? 17 minutes?

We were never winning this so glad resting the big guns for wed

I don't imagine (but hope I am wrong) Poch will pick a 'big guns' team for Wed...….as for tonight, we are playing against a team that can keep the ball....the very least we need is a midfield that can pick and make a pass.....dont think we have that tonight

Someday we'll have the manager and the team to go out with our best XI each match, go play our game, and not have to twist ourselves in tactical knots trying to defend against a supposed better opponent, AT HOME.

I mean, go put our lineup out like Pep does. Don't see him adding another defensive minded player because he's facing Harry Kane.

until then...