Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester City FC | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester City FC

D

Departed

Only one way to describe this tilt: The biggest opportunity for Spurs this year.

We rarely rise to these occasions....just reference our dire home display against liverpud this year....cant even see us holding thrm because we will sideways and backwards tippy tap and try to retain the 'misplaced posssession theory' and they will dominate and we will not withstand the pressure.......

A draw would be like a win.

But it'll be a 2-0 or 3-1 win to City and it'll be as comfortable as the Liverpool game. Could easily be a hammering though

If the players don't wake up we will get smashed.

To win this one we will need to be at our very best. When was the last time that happened?

1-3 City win.

Doesn't bear thinking about really. Tactically I don't think Poch has a clue how to deal with City's style of play..he's not alone I admit.

I think it will be like the Juve Utd game only with more goals for City unless Moura can be freed up to run at their defence and finish...I can't see Kane making an impression but Lamela and Eriksen could produce some magic and should both start imo.

0-5 City.

I can only come up with a hammer and tongs strategy. Just have a right old go. If we can rattle them , who knows. Any points is a bonus.

Ok guys we only need to improve in a few areas in order to get a result:

-Shooting
-Passing
-Team Defense
-Coaching

Meh.....Like NRD says....ANY point is a massive victory for us.

I don't see it with our run of play so far...my prediction is 4-0 City. (Minimum 2-0 and keeping it within 2 goals would be an absolute miracle)

Hope I am wrong...

We getting humped simple as. I just hope the American footballers cheerleaders and assorted NFL hangers on turn the pitch into Plow Lane cira 1981, help slow Citeh down.

I'm not looking forward to this, I'm looking past this. Our team has not given me any indication that they belong on the same park as the City lads. Lord knows I hope to be wrong, but I just can't see it...and freakin' De Bruyne's back.

I simply don't like the way we're playing at the moment; this 20 passes and go nowhere style is way past counter-productive and wholly inefficient. I'll say this, I don't expect that we'll have the lion's share of possession, as City are just too slick. They'll get a lead, we'll panic and then they'll pick us off at will, as we struggle to find a way back into the game.

How does our mid-field match up with theirs?

Aforementioned De Bruyne, David Silva (you can pretty much stop right there), but I won't; Leroy Sane out wide - left, Fernandinho locking up the middle with Fabian Delph, if needed (weak spot?). Doesn't matter, their midfield is so fluid our boys could well be chasing shadows for 90 minutes! Wait! You have Mahrez and Sterling waiting in the wings (if neither of them start)

Our midfield? Dier and 60 minutes of Dembele to protect the CBs; Eriksen (this guy scares me in games like this..ever see a player disappear on a football pitch?) Winksy...he'll be industrious, but ultimately outclassed, probably be our best player along with Lamela (he'll get a yellow card for his zealous-ness, but the opposition will know he's there!) I'm not sure where Moura should play (hence why Poch and not me is responsible for those decisions), but he most definitely has to be on the pitch. Our by Son, coming in off the bench to salvage some semblance of pride. Sissoko? (I'll leave that alone..too controversial on this board :-) )

We're going to miss Toby (again) as we will miss D Rose, so Ben gets a chance to shine. I'd also take a punt on putting mad man Aurier in there (only because Tripps can get "done" often for skill and speed given the right opponent (and Sane is that right opponent). Aurier can get done for skill, but he's a bit faster than Tripps and at the other end his final ball has improved quite a bit.

I've said way too much already and all the words have shown is my fear of total embarrassment. If our boys have been holding back and are ready to show up locked and loaded, then bring it on! Unfortunately our form of late, while winning, (losses and draws notwithstanding), tries the faith of even the most hardcore fan!

No score prediction but I'll put money on a Hat-trick for Aguero (he loves playing against us).

I have to confess this is going to be tough, we really needed a fit Wanjama at his best screening back the four.
In a one of game anything is possible, if we can keep it tight for the first 20 min and Hugo has a blinder we can get a result.

I'm not looking forward to this, I'm looking past this. Our team has not given me any indication that they belong on the same park as the City lads. Lord knows I hope to be wrong, but I just can't see it...and freakin' De Bruyne's back.

I simply don't like the way we're playing at the moment; this 20 passes and go nowhere style is way past counter-productive and wholly inefficient. I'll say this, I don't expect that we'll have the lion's share of possession, as City are just too slick. They'll get a lead, we'll panic and then they'll pick us off at will, as we struggle to find a way back into the game.

How does our mid-field match up with theirs?

Aforementioned De Bruyne, David Silva (you can pretty much stop right there), but I won't; Leroy Sane out wide - left, Fernandinho locking up the middle with Fabian Delph, if needed (weak spot?). Doesn't matter, their midfield is so fluid our boys could well be chasing shadows for 90 minutes! Wait! You have Mahrez and Sterling waiting in the wings (if neither of them start)

Our midfield? Dier and 60 minutes of Dembele to protect the CBs; Eriksen (this guy scares me in games like this..ever see a player disappear on a football pitch?) Winksy...he'll be industrious, but ultimately outclassed, probably be our best player along with Lamela (he'll get a yellow card for his zealous-ness, but the opposition will know he's there!) I'm not sure where Moura should play (hence why Poch and not me is responsible for those decisions), but he most definitely has to be on the pitch. Our by Son, coming in off the bench to salvage some semblance of pride. Sissoko? (I'll leave that alone..too controversial on this board :-) )

We're going to miss Toby (again) as we will miss D Rose, so Ben gets a chance to shine. I'd also take a punt on putting mad man Aurier in there (only because Tripps can get "done" often for skill and speed given the right opponent (and Sane is that right opponent). Aurier can get done for skill, but he's a bit faster than Tripps and at the other end his final ball has improved quite a bit.

I've said way too much already and all the words have shown is my fear of total embarrassment. If our boys have been holding back and are ready to show up locked and loaded, then bring it on! Unfortunately our form of late, while winning, (losses and draws notwithstanding), tries the faith of even the most hardcore fan!

No score prediction but I'll put money on a Hat-trick for Aguero (he loves playing against us).
Very good post imo.

Just one individual you forgot to add to your list....Poch!

Hope he is more proactive and better at utilising the bench. I get embarrassed seeing the opposition managers stood in their technical area barking orders from the off, whilst the three amigos sit pensively.

To the best of my knowledge Fergie wasn't one for marching up and down the touchline, each manager has a different style. Joachim Low sits in his dug out and he's won the WC, many managers are animated and achieve very little.

I am already resigned to a loss . Anything else I'd be over the moon. Rather than visualise how we will be battered, I'm imagining how we might win. There is no need for negativity. I want to see a right old tear up. Physical, run at them with pace , pin them back. No respect.

I-0 Spurs Harry Kane, lgoing on the premise that an infinite number of monkey's and typewriters gets you the complete works of William Shakespeare.

To the best of my knowledge Fergie wasn't one for marching up and down the touchline, each manager has a different style. Joachim Low sits in his dug out and he's won the WC, many managers are animated and achieve very little.
I'd have no big issue with it providing you have leaders on the pitch, which the likes of United had.