Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester City FC | Page 3 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester City FC

I've gone back and forth. I feel the best we can hope for is an undeserved victory or a day where nothing goes right for then.

Should be a lot of us cheering the team on tomorrow. Let's hope the 12th man will help.

Me too, I don't know if it's blind hope or a prediction. I can just feel it, have done for a few days. When all the negatives were flying in I thought....If we just attack them relentless we could do it. Obviously they will have periods in the game but if we defend well we could hold them off.
Lol that feeling you have is simple hope and thats what will kill you. We will most likely lose badly.

Zero expectations in this one. Even if we do turn up and get a lucky, I’m not confident that it will change much in this season. 4th spot is about all we can hope for and I’m not too bothered with that either. I used to think getting 4th would be a game changer for the club but we’ve proven that it doesn’t really change much. Without top dollar contracts and a commitment to winning, players don’t really care.

I think the pitch will be a leveller for this one, therefore a scrappy win for us!

Anything else and we will fall into the grasps of Arse, Cherries, Watford etc...

Last edited:
Me too, I don't know if it's blind hope or a prediction. I can just feel it, have done for a few days. When all the negatives were flying in I thought....If we just attack them relentless we could do it. Obviously they will have periods in the game but if we defend well we could hold them off.

NRD...Hope you are right! We haven't showed the type of energy with ruthless attacking and relentless pressing all over the pitch when on Defense all year.

Guts me to say I can find no fault with your post. Sad damn days.

**had to do a quick edit...thought my post sounded like I usually dislike your posts...absolutely not the case. Great post and I agree with your assessment. (though I hope to hell we are all wrong!!!)

Like you, I hope I'm wrong but after reading that Poch interview on SkySports web site, Poch Not Feeling Good , (re-title link) it's clear that he knows that while we're off to our best start of any Premier League season, the team are flattering to deceive.

The poor state of the pitch will not be an advantage to us, word on the street is it will mess up City's slick passing moves, problem there is, we're also a passing team (albeit sideways and backwards) and stand to be equally, if not more affected.

Anyway, just a few hours to go to see which Spurs shows up!

(Oh and is anyone getting a squeaky bum after Barca's 5-1 demolition of Real Madrid this weekend - Lopetequi will almost certainly get the axe, and who do you think they'll look for, for a replacement, hmmm:unsure:

Like you, I hope I'm wrong but after reading that Poch interview on SkySports web site, Poch Not Feeling Good , (re-title link) it's clear that he knows that while we're off to our best start of any Premier League season, the team are flattering to deceive.

The poor state of the pitch will not be an advantage to us, word on the street is it will mess up City's slick passing moves, problem there is, we're also a passing team (albeit sideways and backwards) and stand to be equally, if not more affected.

(Oh and is anyone getting a squeaky bum after Barca's 5-1 demolition of Real Madrid this weekend - Lopetequi will almost certainly get the axe, and who do you think they'll look for, for a replacement, hmmm:unsure:

Could be a win win then.

Toby and Dier are pretty good long ball merchants so some decent diagonals with Moura and Son running onto them could be the way to go. On the subject of tactics....any ideas ?

We have to Believe Lads, nobody gave us a prayer when we went to Utd and we smashed them,If we finally turn up tonight there is no reason why we can't get a win,Citeh aren't untouchable.

Conte unfortunately.

Lets hope we r not naive to chase around without plan. Secondly, lets hope Dier or Lloris do not have total clown moments. Lets hope we learn to keep it tight as these matches should. Lets hope Poch select the right players and tactics. Lets hope Citeh have a bad day....lets hope.

Can't believe the Negativity on here, If Citeh are so unstoppable,how come they are only 2 points clear of us,I admit they are a quality side but so are we,if and when we get our shit together we are a match for anyone. Come on Lads, Believe....!!!

Toby and Dier are pretty good long ball merchants so some decent diagonals with Moura and Son running onto them could be the way to go. On the subject of tactics....any ideas ?
Only way I can see us getting anything out of this is to go all old school on them and rough 'em up. Lots of hard tackling like a certain Dier one and keep hard on them, don't give them time to think or breath.

Zero expectations in this one. Even if we do turn up and get a lucky, I’m not confident that it will change much in this season. 4th spot is about all we can hope for and I’m not too bothered with that either. I used to think getting 4th would be a game changer for the club but we’ve proven that it doesn’t really change much. Without top dollar contracts and a commitment to winning, players don’t really care.

Kane signed an extension not long ago, earning double what our highest earners were on previously. Dele about to sign an extension according to press, Eriksen not far off either according to rumours.

I don't think any of that would have been possible without the CL and its revenue. We've upped our wage limit by more than double since we qualified first with Poch, that's not insignificant.

If that is true we are stuffed as poch is trying to contain them rather than go for thier throats...Sissokko is not able to technically cope with the likes of their midfield technically gifted players...we r fckucked