Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester City FC | Page 9 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester City FC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Poch is spot on. Seems to me he has delivered on his side of the bargain. Delivered top 4 for 3 seasons, developed the squad and worked within the budgets. Look at what the bin dippers and others have spent and Levy can have no complaints when comparing. I guess he is wanting a commitment from Levy and co that we can start to compete in wages, transfers etc given the extra revenues he has made from CL and now the new stadium. Its not rocket science. Poch wants a decent percentage of the new money to go into the club and squad - not into the bank accounts of Mr Lewis and Co.
…………...or we could do what the other lot did when they got their shiny new stadium.....

Never has Audere est Facere meant more to the fans.

We are watching.

Spot on. You said it perfectly. If They announce Poch new deal shortly or we can guess that Levy won't budge on Pochettino's demands. Just once Lewis you old miser make a personal gift to the club like old Roman used to.

What fabulous entertainment for the loyal fans of both sides. An extremely open game and an emotional roller coaster for us Yids. Finishing above pool never felt so sweet.
Proving to be the best team in England outside Manchester never felt better.
I take my hat of to Poch for a sterling job given his financial restraints.
Well I’m full up after eating all that humble pie, and predicting a dismal season early on. I got us mixed up with Arse.
I won’t talk about how we leaked 4 goals, because we managed to score more than we let in.
A great result to finish off a brilliant season. I’m so proud of each and every player, coaching staff & managers that have contributed to our season.
Harry showed he is pure class whilst Lamela’s confidence has come a little late.
Couldn’t be happier. Congratulations to all fellow Yids.

Great finish to the season and well done to Poch and his team, I am feeling so optimistic about the future and this transfer window.
I do believe Levy will loosen the purse strings a bit, if I was going to guess I would say £130k a week will be the bench mark for our top performers.
I fully expect Poch to have at least £150m to spend, I would expect Poch to be looking for around £50m net spend. That to me would be entirely reasonable.
Assuming both Toby and Danny leave, that should bring in around £90m+. Llorente, GKN and Jansen should bring in at least another £25m.
I also expect us to get a lot of our business done early, I would make it clear to Toby and Rose that if they want to leave that they need to go before the WC. If not, they stay.

Assuming both Toby and Danny leave, that should bring in around £90m+.

Think we'll struggle to get so much for them. Toby is 29 and hardly played plus clubs know they can get him for 25 in a year so Levy won't be able to play hardball as much as usual and interest from the money clubs has cooled on Rose due to his ibjuries. Everton are now in for him according to the press, think if he goes it'll be for loads less than when he was last linked away.

Agree with your sentiments though. We've had a few cheap punts fail in a row - I'd avoid French league like the plague. But surely there's value to be had out there still!

I'd avoid French league like the plague. But surely there's value to be had out there still!

Our failures to recruit have nothing to do with the league we are recruiting from. The French league, like the Dutch, gave the PL some flops and some world class players.

Interesting enough, it seems as though the Championship has become fertile ground for developing players to the PL. The physicality and intensity in the C'ship get as close you can can find to that of the PL, and the quality of players they produce and attract is really up there.

Think we'll struggle to get so much for them. Toby is 29 and hardly played plus clubs know they can get him for 25 in a year so Levy won't be able to play hardball as much as usual and interest from the money clubs has cooled on Rose due to his ibjuries. Everton are now in for him according to the press, think if he goes it'll be for loads less than when he was last linked away.

Agree with your sentiments though. We've had a few cheap punts fail in a row - I'd avoid French league like the plague. But surely there's value to be had out there still!
I agree that we may struggle to get the money for Rose, but I don't believe it will be a problem for Toby. Besides, if we can only get around £35m for him why sell him? Why not keep him for a year, if all we are going to lose is £10m I'd keep him.
It would also mean that we would have more time to evaluate if either CCV or Foyth are good enough.

I agree that we may struggle to get the money for Rose, but I don't believe it will be a problem for Toby. Besides, if we can only get around £35m for him why sell him? Why not keep him for a year, if all we are going to lose is £10m I'd keep him.
It would also mean that we would have more time to evaluate if either CCV or Foyth are good enough.

I agree, keep Toby at all costs, loan out CCV and Foyth. His replacement is already with us and we can worry about getting another RCB if needs be next summer.

Mental game. What a day. What a night.

Absolutely fantastic fitting end to the season.

After yesterday I have taken the pledge and a summer of alcohol free will now ensue.

Above the bin dippers, chav's and le arse ; love it, love it love it. Dreams are made of this, now the next dream will come.

Our failures to recruit have nothing to do with the league we are recruiting from. The French league, like the Dutch, gave the PL some flops and some world class players.

Interesting enough, it seems as though the Championship has become fertile ground for developing players to the PL. The physicality and intensity in the C'ship get as close you can can find to that of the PL, and the quality of players they produce and attract is really up there.

Not just us that have struggled with players from French league recently. I just think the gap between ligue 1 and the prem is huge now so the people who shine might not even do so for a League 1 side.

An someone please post the post match presser.

All that matters is what he said, and you can sum it up as 'let's get out of our comfort zone and take a few measured risks; - which I agree with, and I think we will...

Here's what he said:

"I don't know if the club will be agreeing with me or not, but we are going to talk, next week on what we need to do to improve," said Pochettino.

"That is a little bit up to Daniel (Levy) of course, to the club, to be happy with us, because after four years I think we need to assess that period.
"If we want to play and be real contenders for big, big trophies, yes, we need to review a little.

"I think Daniel is going to listen to me. But you know me and sometimes I have some crazy ideas.

"But you need to be brave. In this type of situation, with a club with our unbelievable fans, being brave is the most important, and to take risks.

"I think it's a moment the club needs to take risks and if possible work harder than the previous season to be competitive again."

Last updated Mon 14 May 2018

I still don't get what risks mean. Levy is not going to take financial risks, Poch knows and accepts we can't spend like our rivals. Does he mean risks on players that are not PL ready for him to develop ? Maybe Levy accept a lesser season next year to build for the future.

I still don't get what risks mean. Levy is not going to take financial risks, Poch knows and accepts we can't spend like our rivals. Does he mean risks on players that are not PL ready for him to develop ? Maybe Levy accept a lesser season next year to build for the future.

Afraid he does mean financial risks; spending two, possibly three seasons spending in one window.

Prices have of course gone nuts again and proven talents are commanding massive fees and huge contract deals...perhaps 30-40% up on just two years ago.

I believe he'll be backed, and that's not a statement of blind faith that's with the knowledge that Levy has made it clear to those that matter that he recognizes a tipping point.

I don't know why NRD can't see what he meant. It's pretty obvious mate.

All the pundits and ex players think Levy will tell him to do one. If so I can't see Poch staying long....

I think this is it.

This is where we find out ENIC's true motivations. There have been moments in the past where some, including me, thought quality player investment would have been appropriate. In hindsight, it likely would not have produced sustainable results.

Things really are different this time. We have an overachieving manager who is in tune with the chairman, a terrific group of core players, a new stadium that, in Pochettino's words, we need to make our home, and a level of progress that should not be impeded or stalled. We are at a tipping point.

The right decisions need to be made and input from those that drove the club to this level of sustained performance should be taken seriously. Financially speaking you always put your money where you are going to presumably get the best return. From my perspective, there is little doubt that the risks that Pochettino mentioned are worth taking, at the very least, as many have said, he has earned the chance to take those risks.

On a side note, we need quality depth. One of the last obstacles we need to clear is sustained performances at the crucial times from our key players. And they need to have the energy left in them to deliver those performances. Expanded payroll.

Then how do we improve Raphael?

We don't, we stagnate or slightly worse drop back to the Europa league level.

Poch isn't going to ruin his career here by playing along with the project for another 5 years. Which is what he said the project would need.

I wish he had said this last summer.

I read that Joe Lewis just lost over 900 million not related to Spurs. Down to currency changes I think. But that is not music to my ears if risk and bravery is being asked for by Poch.

There is some deadwood and unhappy players to get rid of plus whatever is ring fenced for transfers to spend. Some of the Poch signings have not lived up to expectations so if big money was given , some of them will be flops too, potentially. That's a risk, or Poch leaving because he can't get the money is a risk.
I don't think it was a good idea going public with it. Levy is not the type to hold a gun to his head.Discuss it privately yes for sure .

City and United will be hard to leapfrog, Liverpool will be in the mix. Chavs and arse will have new managers with money. Anything we spend will only keep us in touch. I doubt it will drive us forward. So the risk to Levy is spend big and see us remain where we are or slip back.

If Levy said we will spend on a new project but don't expect instant results ok. But CL is the financial key. The risk of no CL for a couple of seasons could be the outcome.
I would invest in potential, not ready made, proven and expensive players on big wages. We can't
Outgun the mancs or chavs. I don't see it as simply spend more, it won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.