Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester City FC | Page 7 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester City FC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to have finished above pool again

When we play without the handbrake on we are pretty unstoppable.

Shame we play with the handbrake and anchor at times

So if Liverpool lose the ECL final have we had a better season than them? Lol I know it's small but I am delighted that Liverpool have not finished above us for the better part of a decade...:cup:

If they lose the CL final we get into pot 2 and they get pot 3.

A great result and good fightback by the lads but so much completely wrong with the way we are playing. Leicester played a good pressing game, pressurising anyone on the ball in MF and the final third and we were found wanting, giving the ball away, not picking-up attackers and paid the price. Harry took his goals well and KWP showed good attacking capabilities but defensively wasn't brilliant, being one of those caught out in possession several times.

Having 3 changes at the back didn't help of course and having little cover from MF made it worse. We seem to set up as the paper definition of 4231 and that leaves gaps all over the field. Eriksen ran himself into the ground trying to plug them.

Poch needs to rethink our approach and recruit accordingly if we are going to go to the next level. Couldn't really tell from the TV but it looked like Poch brought on Sanchez at the end and went to a back 3/5 and that stabilised things a bit but we still looked shaky whenever a high ball came into the box.

Overall though, a very entertaining game, good to see Gazza enjoying himself when Kane scored, a distant reminder of great talent that we have had at the club.

3rd place finish, good stuff and let's hope Poch can work out something better for next season.

So if Liverpool lose the ECL final have we had a better season than them? Lol I know it's small but I am delighted that Liverpool have not finished above us for the better part of a decade...:cup:

They'd still have had the better season, although they will feel absolutely sick if they lose it. So hopefully they get absolutely spanked

Well, the Wembley hoodoo was put to bed despite all the doubters on here, myself included. Good finish to the season despite not winning anything but the future looks bright,new stadium,more mature team and manager,a couple of new signings,we really are on the upward curve,can't wait for next season already,onwards and upwards,COYS.???

I would go for Vardy in the transfer window, although he might not like playing 2nd fiddle to Kane.

I've have been thinking this for months he has to fancy it? The chance to win something else? It don't always have to be either or on occasion we can play as a two up. I think it's a no brainer but they are losing Mahrez so probably not an option

Well done lads, they were not on holiday, they didn't bottle it, they weren't poor in the last third, they weren't mentally weak, Lamela proved his worth, Sissoko again did a job for us as 4 th choice. The opposite of these has be levelled by posters on here.

A very good season. We could easily have got second if we didn't have key players out. Nobody was going to challenge City. We had to settle in to Wembley aswell.

Some real positives. Moura and Lamela with a full pre season will be a bonus next season.

I've have been thinking this for months he has to fancy it? The chance to win something else? It don't always have to be either or on occasion we can play as a two up. I think it's a no brainer but they are losing Mahrez so probably not an option

Mahrez walks into our 11, Vardy doesn't. It really is a no brainer between the 2.

Mahrez walks into our 11, Vardy doesn't. It really is a no brainer between the 2.
Of course but that is not an option for some reason I will not speculate on he dislikes us. And we could not afford what he wants because he has been contaminated by city. If we want a marquee signing for next season he actually makes more sense than Bale. Younger fitter fewer injuries. Vardy however walks all over any Kane deputy we have so He'd be a top buy.

Well done lads, they were not on holiday, they didn't bottle it, they weren't poor in the last third, they weren't mentally weak, Lamela proved his worth, Sissoko again did a job for us as 4 th choice. The opposite of these has be levelled by posters on here.

A very good season. We could easily have got second if we didn't have key players out. Nobody was going to challenge City. We had to settle in to Wembley aswell.

Some real positives. Moura and Lamela with a full pre season will be a bonus next season.

So you didn't watch the first half then Nick?

So you didn't watch the first half then Nick?
I wait before making derogatory comments because even when we go behind I believe we can score. It was an end of season gung ho game. No disparaging comments were needed or valid. The boys put on a show for us. I didn't doubt they would even when we went 1-3 down. I hate being negative about my team, it comes too easy for a few on here. Individual mistakes are annoying yes but to say the team are bottlers, on holiday, mentally weak and poor in the last third is directed at the whole team and it proved to be bollox as it often is.

Can I say something uncharitable...id not be devastated if Vetonghen calf injury keeps him out of the WC and he is fresh for the new season.

I leave at 2-1 at half....come back and HOLY SHIT...5-4!

COYS!!!

KWP seems to be an assist machine...puts in quality crosses, good young player...KEEP HIM!

And Lamela redeemed, very happy for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.