Tony Xia Thread | Page 95 | Vital Football

Tony Xia Thread

Sounds like some of the rumours may have been true then, but without knowing the specifics it's difficult to comment.

A Chinese con man that lived on the edge of every deal. I bet our new owners could say lots about him and his business practices but they won't.

Who at the time and in their right mind, gave Phony Tony the go to buy AVFC? as previously said we sure dodged a bullet with that guy.

Last edited:
When he took over no one had heard of him whatsoever. No one seemed to have heard of his company Recon either. China is a relatively secretive place, but a Harvard-educated billionaire would have attracted some attention. Personally I think this guy was a complete fraud and he gambled with either the clubs money -or some other investors’ money- on getting promoted and either pocketing the TV money for himself or selling the club on to the first bidder at a profit. He nearly brought the club to administration in his mission to exploit the club. I have nothing but utter disdain for this individual. We are lucky because if he was still here we’d be heading towards league 1 with Bolton

As if we didn't see enough of stupid decisions from Wyness up he pops with another classic. To be fair we were warned by Everton fans who at the time knew him and his methods.

How's the compo claim going these days Keith:rotfl: Our new owners and CEO would eat you alive and then laugh at you and Phonny Tony and how you tried to con Villa people.

Last edited: