Today’s Performance | Vital Football

Today’s Performance

Therealwaldo

Vital Squad Member
Today showed the fine dividing line between being shite and being at least competitive. If we could have played like we did second half a few more times at home this season, we would never have been involved in a fight at the bottom.

Holy 6.5 did the important things ok. Distribution either slow or wayward.

O’Neill 6 bit of a mixed bag from Luke. Generally sound in defence but not at his best coming forward.

Ehmer 7 very solid today with plenty of no nonsense clearances. The one blemish was being left on his bum when their forward went through to score.

Ogilvie 7 looks very assured at centre back. Made several vital interceptions and clearances.

Fuller 7 another action man performance. One incredible clearance from under the bar in the second half. Looked like our only player getting forward with purpose in the first half.

Byrne 7 given sponsors’ man of the match. Did as much as anyone to hold midfield together. Funny to see the smallest player on the pitch score an unchallenged goal from a corner.

Parrett 6.5 poor first half, much much better in the second. Made a number of dangerous runs forward.

Charles-Cook 6.5 very poor first half but another that benefitted to the injection of pace in the second half. Good anticipation for his goal.

Bingham 5 looks very out of form. Not sure if it’s fitness or confidence but no arguments from me with his substitution.

Eaves 4.5 just a shadow of the player of only a few weeks ago. His substitution was more than justified.

Hanlan 7 although he struggled to make an impact in the first half, the extra pace in the second half enabled him to come into his own.

Subs

List 7 made an immediate impact from the bench. Excellent cross for our equaliser.

Campbell 7 I liked what I saw last week. My good impressions were confirmed in an excellent strong running second half.

Rees 6.5 made a solid contribution ensuring that we saw the game out relatively comfortably.

Phew, hope that’s us safe. UTG

Hanlan, List and Campbell together made a real difference in the first 20 mins of the second half. Would like to see them play together more.

As amazing as he has been for us I feel like Eaves feels as though his race is run.

Young List was excellent, he makes things happen. Immediately prior to making the superb cross that delivered the goal, Listy made a camouflaged run to receive the ball from a throw in, then dashed to make space for the cross- very smart play. Most times from our throw-ins we seem to be lacking in smarts. Ogilvie good today also, my MOM. Well done Gills, that`s us safe now - looking forward to seeing a free flowing performance on Monday. UTG.

I'm eagerly awaiting Wayne's response. Despite two goals and one assist from the midfield, I am anticipating Wayne comment that the midfield were useless as evident that Eaves was removed at half time due to lack of service.

Today showed the fine dividing line between being shite and being at least competitive. If we could have played like we did second half a few more times at home this season, we would never have been involved in a fight at the bottom.

Holy 6.5 did the important things ok. Distribution either slow or wayward.

O’Neill 6 bit of a mixed bag from Luke. Generally sound in defence but not at his best coming forward.

Ehmer 7 very solid today with plenty of no nonsense clearances. The one blemish was being left on his bum when their forward went through to score.

Ogilvie 7 looks very assured at centre back. Made several vital interceptions and clearances.

Fuller 7 another action man performance. One incredible clearance from under the bar in the second half. Looked like our only player getting forward with purpose in the first half.

Byrne 7 given sponsors’ man of the match. Did as much as anyone to hold midfield together. Funny to see the smallest player on the pitch score an unchallenged goal from a corner.

Parrett 6.5 poor first half, much much better in the second. Made a number of dangerous runs forward.

Charles-Cook 6.5 very poor first half but another that benefitted to the injection of pace in the second half. Good anticipation for his goal.

Bingham 5 looks very out of form. Not sure if it’s fitness or confidence but no arguments from me with his substitution.

Eaves 4.5 just a shadow of the player of only a few weeks ago. His substitution was more than justified.

Hanlan 7 although he struggled to make an impact in the first half, the extra pace in the second half enabled him to come into his own.

Subs

List 7 made an immediate impact from the bench. Excellent cross for our equaliser.

Campbell 7 I liked what I saw last week. My good impressions were confirmed in an excellent strong running second half.

Rees 6.5 made a solid contribution ensuring that we saw the game out relatively comfortably.

Phew, hope that’s us safe. UTG
I have the feeling you were playing safe with scores too.Fair comments though.

Thoughts on Ogilvie- Is he someone we should try and sign in the summer?
Ask me a few months ago no way.But definitely another very solid performance. He is also comfortable on the ball .Going from a no hoper at left back to a accomplished centre back is some leap forward.

Last edited:
I'm eagerly awaiting Wayne's response. Despite two goals and one assist from the midfield, I am anticipating Wayne comment that the midfield were useless as evident that Eaves was removed at half time due to lack of service.
I tell you what - go fuck yourself

Agree with most of those marks Waldo. I think Charles-Cook was out-muscled first half, he just needs to toughen up a bit. What's going on with Eaves? he's been pretty poor for a while now, List and Byrne won more headers than him, two of the smallest players on the pitch!
I'd have given Byrne an 8, he won battles all over the pitch, won headers and scored a headed goal of course.

Agree with most of those marks Waldo. I think Charles-Cook was out-muscled first half, he just needs to toughen up a bit. What's going on with Eaves? he's been pretty poor for a while now, List and Byrne won more headers than him, two of the smallest players on the pitch!
I'd have given Byrne an 8, he won battles all over the pitch, won headers and scored a headed goal of course.
Definitely agree on Byrne.

Aside from once in a generation Kane and also Rose (although he made his spurs debut long before the current manager) then who are these other youngsters they've developed?

If he had the talent to play in the premier league then he wouldn't be stuck as a Gillingham squad player until the recent injury to Zakuani.

Harry Winks?

Aside from once in a generation Kane and also Rose (although he made his spurs debut long before the current manager) then who are these other youngsters they've developed?

If he had the talent to play in the premier league then he wouldn't be stuck as a Gillingham squad player until the recent injury to Zakuani.
Look at the players Spurs have on their books.

I've not been to many games this season, but I like what I've seen of Hanlan, is he beginning to look like the sort of player who might get double figures next season?

Just seen his finish for his goal, very composed.

Elliott list is such a threat but some players just dont read his runs he could score so many goals with the right decisions made . The 2nd half performance was well overdue well played to each and everyone for digging in and grinding out the win .