Today’s Performance | Page 2 | Vital Football

Today’s Performance

Aside from once in a generation Kane and also Rose (although he made his spurs debut long before the current manager) then who are these other youngsters they've developed?

If he had the talent to play in the premier league then he wouldn't be stuck as a Gillingham squad player until the recent injury to Zakuani.
This is just the first team squad and, don't forget, they haven't signed any new players for a while
https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/teams/first-team/players/

I've not been to many games this season, but I like what I've seen of Hanlan, is he beginning to look like the sort of player who might get double figures next season?

Just seen his finish for his goal, very composed.
Lovell's best signing for me, he’s getting better every game and his application is spot on, obviously fuller has been brilliant but Hanlan could make the club some money

Byrne had a good 2nd half, as did a lot of our team. Though he did give the ball away for their goal in the first half, MOM he wasn't, imo that was Ogilvie. As I posted on another thread. Has Eaves started his last game for The Gills?

That's for you to find out and that's just the first team squad

You are the making the claim and yet you are unable to back up it. And I'm not sure how Spurs having a youth team somehow shows they are into developing youths considering all professional clubs have them.

Edit: I'm going to delete most of my comments questioning if Spurs are especially known for developing top first team players as it is getting off topic and shouldn't be a distraction for a thread that should be about our performance today. Wayne seems to think Ogilvie could play himself into the Spurs first team if he continues to play well for us, but I disagree.

Last edited:
I think Baghdad could start an argument in an empty room. Our very own Robbie Savage.

I now notice on another thread that Wayne wrote:

. The same goes for Eaves; our system has not been set up to provide copious opportunities for a big centre forward. Instead, Eaves has had to forage for opportunities. Today, SL made several changes and what a difference. Perhaps he’ll understand that if he has to play Eaves the game plan must be different.

so when I predicted

"Despite two goals and one assist from the midfield, I am anticipating Wayne comment that the midfield were useless as evident that Eaves was removed at half time due to lack of service. "

then I wasn't actually wrong in my comments.

You are the making the claim and yet you are unable to back up it. And I'm not sure how Spurs having a youth team somehow shows they are into developing youths considering all professional clubs have them.
As '58 said, you could start an argument in an empty room

If he had played in the centre half position all season, he would be a contender for player of the year.
Had he played the whole season as well as since Zakuani has been injured. Yes for me he would be a contender for the top three.

Roone, you say Byrne gave the ball away for their goal, but I thought it was Holy that was at fault for giving him the ball in the first place. Immediately put him under pressure by giving him the ball in an impossible position.
I thought Holy's distribution was incredibly poor today.

Thought several players had their worst game of the season , and we were quite lucky to win; but List the saviour that sparked the recovery
Agree Eaves looks like he's 'elsewhere' already - hope his planned move works for him as he's done well for us but don't think he'll play again
So:
Holy - 6 but dreadful kicking and got frustrated ; poorest game
O'Neil - 5; several dreadful passes; usually a favourite player - looked like the tension got to him
Fuller - 5 ; not his usual self at all
Ogilvie - 5; first half not one forward pass to a Gills player; several hoofs forward but poor heading; but a bit better than last week's nightmare; amazed at some of the more positive comments above
Bingham - 4 ; awful; and I usually like him; will be surprised if he plays for us again
Hanlon - 5; touch let him down so often and so poor in the air; but always works hard and a good prospect
So with Eaves 'absent' and those 6 contributing little, credit to the rest to keep things going and then turn it around
Byrne - 8 ; great game after early mistake; heading in midfield a strength; works so hard
Ehmer - 8; mopped up for all those playing poorly around him; really hope we can keep him but be surprised if other clubs aren't sniffing around; my MoM
Parrett - 7, kept going well when things didnt go his way at times
Charles-Cook - 7; has that spark and will get better with experience; great to be switched on to run onto cross for first goal
Campbell - 7; showed promise ; strength and some good touches
and List 9 Quality runs and crosses ; why dont we play him wide right all the time
[Rees - 6; did ok worth another season as squad player ]

be interested in team selection for next game(s)

Do you have any evidence that I could start an argument in an empty room or are you passing your opinion off as fact again? :tongue::whist:
Lol
Nice response Baghdad. I was just teasing.

I did have a laugh at you defending Barton the other day. Of course you are technically correct to say that we should not pre judge the case, just because Barton is a "wrongun".

Lol
Nice response Baghdad. I was just teasing.

I did have a laugh at you defending Barton the other day. Of course you are technically correct to say that we should not pre judge the case, just because Barton is a "wrongun".

When I "defended" Barton then all I had read online at that point was that there was some sort of argument between the two managers with little detail as to what had actually happened and what about. Obviously further details have been reported since.