Today’s Performance | Page 3 | Vital Football

Today’s Performance

Thought several players had their worst game of the season , and we were quite lucky to win; but List the saviour that sparked the recovery
Agree Eaves looks like he's 'elsewhere' already - hope his planned move works for him as he's done well for us but don't think he'll play again
So:
Holy - 6 but dreadful kicking and got frustrated ; poorest game
O'Neil - 5; several dreadful passes; usually a favourite player - looked like the tension got to him
Fuller - 5 ; not his usual self at all
Ogilvie - 5; first half not one forward pass to a Gills player; several hoofs forward but poor heading; but a bit better than last week's nightmare; amazed at some of the more positive comments above
Bingham - 4 ; awful; and I usually like him; will be surprised if he plays for us again
Hanlon - 5; touch let him down so often and so poor in the air; but always works hard and a good prospect
So with Eaves 'absent' and those 6 contributing little, credit to the rest to keep things going and then turn it around
Byrne - 8 ; great game after early mistake; heading in midfield a strength; works so hard
Ehmer - 8; mopped up for all those playing poorly around him; really hope we can keep him but be surprised if other clubs aren't sniffing around; my MoM
Parrett - 7, kept going well when things didnt go his way at times
Charles-Cook - 7; has that spark and will get better with experience; great to be switched on to run onto cross for first goal
Campbell - 7; showed promise ; strength and some good touches
and List 9 Quality runs and crosses ; why dont we play him wide right all the time
[Rees - 6; did ok worth another season as squad player ]

be interested in team selection for next game(s)
Least said I think.I would stick to the Rodeo if I were you.

Roone, you say Byrne gave the ball away for their goal, but I thought it was Holy that was at fault for giving him the ball in the first place. Immediately put him under pressure by giving him the ball in an impossible position.
As bad as Holy's pass was the start of the problem was when we were three quarters up the pitch and then turned around and played the ball back to the goalie.
This happens a lot, but if we did not put the ball back in our penalty area the opposition can't score.

You could put a bit of blame onto Holy for the initial pass to Byrne.

You could also question whether or not Ehmer could have got closer to the striker in order to make it harder to get a clean shot away.

You could question Holy's positioning when the shot came in as from behind the goal it looked as if he strayed too much to his right giving the striker more space to hit it to his left.

You could maybe put a bit of blame on Ehmer and Ogilvie for not shouting out a warning to Byrne that a player was closing him down. If he had a call then hit might have passed the ball back to either Ehmer or Ogilvie who were in space rather than turning with the ball.

Of course, you could give a bit of credit to the Plymouth player who read what was going to happen and was quick to close Byrne down and get in the challenge.

Harry Winks?

Off the top of my head, there’s also Walker Peters
Dack first please - I see he scored to-day

Dack must be worth £20m now in the current market. Let’s hope he moves in the summer, as that could make us £3-4m and then Scally will have to invest some of it in the playing squad. Dack is also too good for Blackburn and should be playing for a Premier League team.

Dack must be worth £20m now in the current market. Let’s hope he moves in the summer, as that could make us £3-4m and then Scally will have to invest some of it in the playing squad. Dack is also too good for Blackburn and should be playing for a Premier League team.

Hope you`re right Jim. Bradley seems to have got his scoring boots back and his value remains high. His sale, or non-sale, may determine how well or otherwise we do next season. I`m hoping he gets a hat-trick on Monday v already relegated Bolton Wanderers.

When I "defended" Barton then all I had read online at that point was that there was some sort of argument between the two managers with little detail as to what had actually happened and what about. Obviously further details have been reported since.
I'm with Saddam Hussein on this one. Most posters have said Barton = guilty; they may of course be right but they jumped to that conclusion without any evidence being produced etc etc

Joey's fried at Fleetwood. If you look closely, he's down at the bottom left in Bromley's satellite image. We're marketing ourselves as an affordable Millwall option next year, and SL just doesn't fit. The competitition for the top job is getting very tight, not to mention ugly.

No one hates us, no one hates us
No one hates us
No one cares

Last edited:
When I "defended" Barton then all I had read online at that point was that there was some sort of argument between the two managers with little detail as to what had actually happened and what about. Obviously further details have been reported since.
I'm with Saddam Hussein on this one. Most posters have said Barton = guilty; they may of course be right but they jumped to that conclusion without any evidence being produced etc etc

Sub judice means the evidence is under review and is not for public discussion.

Fama fundatur super reus might be a better phrase. Naturally I will wait for our resident legal expert to confirm.

Hang on. Have you been whooshed by me Baghdad, or am I now being whoooshed by you? ?

Hang on. Have you been whooshed by me Baghdad, or am I now being whoooshed by you? ?

Don't think anyone is whooshing anyone. What I wrote roughly translates as "guilty by prior conviction" or the idea that a leopard doesn't change its spots so if found guilty once then they must be guilty for all similar crimes in the future.

I'm not an expert on Latin by any sense but if I translate that correctly then

"up" = up
"sum" = own or self
"rectum" = arse

So if I understand that phrase correctly then Wayne has said he is up his own arse? Since Wayne is an expert on most things like Latin then who am I to question his admission?
'upsum' is not latin - just sounds like it is