Today's Performance | Page 5 | Vital Football

Today's Performance

I know the problem with the bold text appears to have been cleared up now, but can I just point out for future reference that the problem was in Wayne's post with the lines:

"I agree that Waldo's comments are how he sees the matches but [a] he doesn't like any criticism - even constructive and the marks are within the same 6 to 8 range whether we play we, indifferently or badly..."

The problem came when he got to point b, and put the b in square brackets, which is basically a command to put the text in bold. From what I remember, I think unless someone puts the corresponding command to end the bold text, it carries on through everyone else's posts too.

Same thing happens when occasionally someone quotes someone else's post, but accidentally deletes the end quote command, meaning the quote box never ends.

I wonder what the responses would have been if Max had not scored and we had lost (including the player ratings).

Negatives:

Reality was that Posh handled the conditions better than us and for most of the game were streets ahead of us. Every time they attacked they came straight through us as if we had no central midfield and for the second home game in a row our wide midfielders were reluctant to help out the fullbacks. The support was once again very poor with some muted boos at half time and virtually no life from the RE until near the end.

Positives:
Although we found the conditions hard going and were chasing shadows for long periods we kept at it with hard work and determination. The substitutions worked well and the never say die attitude came through sparking the RE into life, why we cannot support the team from the start I dont know.
Biggest positive though is that we have clawed another point towards avoiding relegation and thats what it is all about. Simple formula win away and draw at home could push us near the playoffs so come on lets get the win at Northampton :4:

madrid_gill - 11/2/2018 15:52

I know the problem with the bold text appears to have been cleared up now, but can I just point out for future reference that the problem was in Wayne's post with the lines:

"I agree that Waldo's comments are how he sees the matches but [a] he doesn't like any criticism - even constructive and the marks are within the same 6 to 8 range whether we play we, indifferently or badly..."

The problem came when he got to point b, and put the b in square brackets, which is basically a command to put the text in bold. From what I remember, I think unless someone puts the corresponding command to end the bold text, it carries on through everyone else's posts too.

Same thing happens when occasionally someone quotes someone else's post, but accidentally deletes the end quote command, meaning the quote box never ends.

That's a shame. I was enjoying thinking that everyone was shouting.
PS. Have just seen the highlights on Youtube. What a shame the goal/no goal incident and the mass 'bundle' after Max's goal are so well hidden from the camera.

Vambogills - 11/2/2018 18:32

That's a shame. I was enjoying thinking that everyone was shouting.
PS. Have just seen the highlights on Youtube. What a shame the goal/no goal incident and the mass 'bundle' after Max's goal are so well hidden from the camera.

They sometimes put up the goals as seen by the Go Pro camera inside the goal a few days after the game. Will be interesting to see whether they got Parker's "goal" on that camera, might give a better idea of whether it crossed the line or not.

I believe another thread, where it was stated that Bond had collected the ball whilst he was lying backwards, then sat up and presented the ball as though he had saved it.

Closer study on the 'highlights' show the ball was over the line by a good margin!!

Doesn't look that clear cut to me, I've watched it back a few times and I still can't make my mind up (although I am edging more towards the opinion that it may have just crossed the line).

We should have had a penalty too!

When Eaves kept the ball on in the penalty area the defender pulled him back before he could get back onto the field of play:

? If, when the ball is in play:

? a player commits an offence against a match official or an opposing player,
substitute, substituted or sent off player, or team official outside the field
of play or

? a substitute, substituted or sent off player, or team official commits an
offence against, or interferes with, an opposing player or match official
outside the field of play,

play is restarted with a free kick on the boundary line nearest to where the
offence/interference occurred; a penalty kick is awarded if this is a direct free
kick offence within the offender?s penalty area

Sky highlights doesn't show a single instance, apart from the goals, where the referee makes a decision, let alone fails to make an obvious one.
Shame as I would have like to have confirmed my initial opinions.

Razorpound - 12/2/2018 08:08

Sky highlights doesn't show a single instance, apart from the goals, where the referee makes a decision, let alone fails to make an obvious one.
Shame as I would have like to have confirmed my initial opinions.

While I felt the referee was appaling it was more because he wasn't applying the same (very strict) level of what constitutes an offense for both teams. Wilkinson getting a yellow for throwing the ball away is probably a yellow card, but then their player does it five minutes later with no punishment (would have been amusing if it was Doughty after his second yellow the other season). Garmston's yellow was also extremely harsh in my opinion.

I don't feel disappointed as I should though because it was a scrappy performance in awful conditions, and Peterborough were probably better even if they didn't fashion too many chances. A draw feels fair.

Normally when defenders/players start wagging their fingers saying it didn't go in or they didn't commit a foul it usually means they're guilty or have got away with something.

Watching it back and Bonds arse in on the goal line and his hands are behind the line but whether the whole ball crossed the line is debatable i guess, but doesn't excuse the shit officials who were just fucking incompetent all afternoon

On the 'Boro forum they reckoned the officials were favouring us all afternoon! Tossers!

Again the big decissions have gone against us . Looking at the reaction of Bond and the Posh defenders it may well have crossed the line. As for the Eaves incident it was a case of the Referee not knowing the rules of the game.

I do get a bit confused with some of the rules especialy when Eaves has defenders clearly putting their arms arround him to stop his movement or jumping. The Linesman on the Medway Stand side looked to me as though the refferee had told him just to concentrate on the line and offsides.

I was close to the Garmston Incident that produced a booking and do not have a clue what it was for.