Today’s Announcement by Boris... | Page 3 | Vital Football

Today’s Announcement by Boris...

• Thread starter Deleted member 13556
  • Start date
Most of the pubs local to me have good outside space due to it being a tourist area. One serious question though.
If the person entering the pub gives details, what about the other seven that he’s getting drinks for sitting outside?
Is someone going to come round ‘ taking names’

Most of the pubs local to me have good outside space due to it being a tourist area. One serious question though.
If the person entering the pub gives details, what about the other seven that he’s getting drinks for sitting outside?

Will we have to show ID to prove our names? What about addresses? What if, like me, you don't have one of those?

Or can we just give blag details?

Who wants a sanitised experience like that anyway?

Are people SO desperate for a pint that they are willing to queue up, give names and addresses, sit on their own, walk one way to the bogs, no music, drinking through a straw cos of the face mask? ok, I made the last one up, but you get my drift.

I like going out for dinner with the wife, now apart from the fact we can’t get anyone to sit the kids, I don’t wanna have to fetch my own cutlery, order from an app, off a reduced menu, then slope out without any contact with anyone during the allotted hour before they disinfect the table for the next person.

If that’s the new normal they can bloody keep it!

Same with HV - I don't think it is going to go well, TK Maxx had people at the bottom of the stairs radioing up to see whether customers can go upstairs. I would like to be able to be treated as an adult - too many signs saying "go this way" "stay on the left" "enter this side" maked it an unpleasant experience IMO.
Bournemouth, Brighton et al showed how well treating the British public like adults went...

Bournemouth, Brighton et al showed how well treating the British public like adults went...
Yet ironically, Liverpool fans celebrate en masse in the street and it’s reported as wonderful.
Typical of the double standards under which we now operate.
BLM mass gatherings = good
Beach mass gatherings = bad
Liverpool FC mass gatherings = good

No wonder some claim confusion.

But they weren't treated like adults at all. A lot of bluster and boosterism, a false dawn via No 10 briefings, more of nods and winks, calls to support the Great British blah blah and then a bracketed aside about the common sense of the Great British People. If we want that sort of dumb false messaging we have Al Murray.

My guess is the point of taking names is so that in the result of someone getting ill, the authorities will be able to track down the other people who might have been in the pub at the same time and ask them to self isolate.

On the assumption of people only sitting with people they know, they would technically only need to know one member of the group and then rely on that person to pass the "please isolate" message.

Who wants a sanitised experience like that anyway?

Are people SO desperate for a pint that they are willing to queue up, give names and addresses, sit on their own, walk one way to the bogs, no music, drinking through a straw cos of the face mask? ok, I made the last one up, but you get my drift.

I like going out for dinner with the wife, now apart from the fact we can’t get anyone to sit the kids, I don’t wanna have to fetch my own cutlery, order from an app, off a reduced menu, then slope out without any contact with anyone during the allotted hour before they disinfect the table for the next person.

If that’s the new normal they can bloody keep it!
After a couple of weeks I'll be very surprised if it is that sanitised. I can forsee standards slipping fast. The government have lost whatever control they had.

Brixton showed what happens if police try and enforce......

We need to be more honest with ourselves. Posters have already noted that it's easy to condemn certain activities, while ignoring others, and to associate the condemned activities with an imagined group of people. Add that into the concept of policing by consent, a worldwide event that has necessitated strict and normally unacceptable rules and instructions and good weather and we have a tinderbox.

Several of us had expected outbreaks of disorder much earlier, certainly the government and local authorities did. I don't blame the police for Brixton at all but they behaved differently in that situation because taht's what we ask them to do. If we got steamed up enough about beaches, bombarded our MPs and the focus groups went nuclear then the police would be intructed to go in there.

This is a practical situation that we need to negotiate and how we behave from entering a pub, to going shopping, to returning to school, to taking recreation and everything else we do needs planning and managing. That's almost too boring to contemplate but there is little alternative. We could take a detour, in which we point fingers, demand action against others, fight in the street and vent. Once the short rush from that detour was over it would be back to the plans, the negotiation and the boring details. It goes against the grain because turning up unprepared and giving it a go is our default approach.

Typical of the double standards under which we now operate.
BLM mass gatherings = good
Beach mass gatherings = bad
Liverpool FC mass gatherings = good

So true - this quote is where I am:

It is the folly of too many to mistake the echo of a London Coffee House for the voice of the Kingdom.

Johnathan Swift (1667 - 1745)

After a couple of weeks I'll be very surprised if it is that sanitised. I can forsee standards slipping fast. The government have lost whatever control they had.

Its 1 metre at tesco already even if unconsciously. Tesco cafe open today, Liverpool supporters, beaches, everywhere basically its all over. Full stadiums by new season and maybe even the fa cup final partial crowd.

everal of us had expected outbreaks of disorder much earlier, certainly the government and local authorities did. I don't blame the police for Brixton at all but they behaved differently in that situation because taht's what we ask them to do. If we got steamed up enough about beaches, bombarded our MPs and the focus groups went nuclear then the police
There was a vast difference between the situation in Brixton and Bournemouth , in London the Met with a large body of personnel were trying to deal with several hundred people, a manageable task whereas Bournemouth there were several thousand people with a very small force (compared to the Met) to deal with the situation on the beach a more or less impossible job.

Will we have to show ID to prove our names? What about addresses? What if, like me, you don't have one of those?

Or can we just give blag details?

You should give you proper name and contact details so that they can contact you if there's been an infection at the venue.

Bit irresponsible to blag it mate.

You should give you proper name and contact details so that they can contact you if there's been an infection at the venue.

Bit irresponsible to blag it mate.

Yes, it would be irresponsible, I agree.

I think maybe you missed my point. I wasn't suggesting people should blag it, just wondering how easy it would be to blag it. If we're going to rely on people acting responsibly it's a joke.

And if it's not going easy to blag it, say you need to provide ID, what happens to people like me who have no address? We will be banned from the pubs and restaurants simply because we don't have an address? That would be a bit unfair. In those circumstances I'd consider providing false ID.