Today’s Announcement by Boris... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Today’s Announcement by Boris...

• Thread starter Deleted member 13556
  • Start date
That’s exactly what Novak Djokovic said when he organised his tennis tournament and they all went to a nightclub. Oh, now he and his wife have tested positive as well as two of the other players in the tournament. Cracking decision.

Fortunately for the UK, nightclubs are to remain shut and tennis clubs are open but with social distancing in place. I'm a huge fan of Djokovic but he's made a right balls up with this. Let people make their own decisions .

That’s exactly what Novak Djokovic said when he organised his tennis tournament and they all went to a nightclub. Oh, now he and his wife have tested positive as well as two of the other players in the tournament. Cracking decision.

The organisation of Djokovic's tournament was pretty reckless. Packed stands, no social distancing, very few masks being worn, hugs between players at the net, plenty of group photos, press conferences for multiple players where they were freely passing the microphone around among themselves, etc., etc.

There are ways to go about getting life back to something closer to normal without being as reckless as that.

Hubris from Djokovic. Also an anti vaxxer. Prat. Personal choice etc etc but neanderthal imo.

I'm in the agnostic bracket re lockdown. Can see good arguments on both sides. Think they've got it about right now after massive f#ck up with the delayed start and typical Johnson shambles and lazy lack of grasp of necessary detail.

I want cricket back but I'm sure it will piss down with rain as soon as it does after an amazingly dry summer so far. That will be Johnson's fault too. :-)

The organisation of Djokovic's tournament was pretty reckless. Packed stands, no social distancing, very few masks being worn, hugs between players at the net, plenty of group photos, press conferences for multiple players where they were freely passing the microphone around among themselves, etc., etc.
I'm not a tennis fan, but did people enjoy it? That's the flipside. Letting people watch some sport for their enjoyment and mental health. I imagine it was better than the sporting fare a few months ago - Belarus and Nicaraguan football, Russian table tennis, and stay at home darts

I'm not a tennis fan, but did people enjoy it? That's the flipside. Letting people watch some sport for their enjoyment and mental health. I imagine it was better than the sporting fare a few months ago - Belarus and Nicaraguan football, Russian table tennis, and stay at home darts

I'm sure they did enjoy it, but there have to be some precautions in place. I fully agree with lifting a lot of the restrictions, but you can't just rush from one extreme with lockdown to the other extreme with a free for all. And some of the things that they did (hugging at the net, passing microphones around), I can't imagine that that in any way improved the enjoyment of those watching.

Those people in the public eye totally ignoring social distancing are effectively killing people. It is hard enough to get a young adult to obey rules like social distancing without having people like these tennis players totally ignoring the rules.Boris did and nearly paid for it with his life.These tennis players may well pay with somebody else's life far worse given we have all had time to get used to the rules .

Those people in the public eye totally ignoring social distancing are effectively killing people. It is hard enough to get a young adult to obey rules like social distancing without having people like these tennis players totally ignoring the rules.Boris did and nearly paid for it with his life.These tennis players may well pay with somebody else's life far worse given we have all had time to get used to the rules .

Did you notice the students and teachers holding their vigil outside the school of the murdered teacher from the park?
No distancing at all.
The same at the pub that they used.
All hugging each other.
Then the BLM rallies.
Then the raves.
Get my point ?
It’s easy to finger point at things you don’t agree with while ignoring the obvious.

Did you notice the students and teachers holding their vigil outside the school of the murdered teacher from the park?
No distancing at all.
The same at the pub that they used.
All hugging each other.
Then the BLM rallies.
Then the raves.
Get my point ?
It’s easy to finger point at things you don’t agree with while ignoring the obvious.
Fair point Shotshy. The starting whistle for much of this behaviour was the VE day street party nonsense.

Btw I do respect those who served, my father in WW2 and grandfather in WW1, both in the front line.

Fair point Shotshy. The starting whistle for much of this behaviour was the VE day street party nonsense.

Btw I do respect those who served, my father in WW2 and grandfather in WW1, both in the front line.
Exactly my point 58.

It’s almost if you agree with the cause ( BLM or vigil) it’s ok but if you don’t ( rave, eye test at a castle) it’s not.

The vast majority have complied.
Mrs S reopened yesterday and everyone was courteous and respectful.
She had a record day, by the way and slept well last night after months of worrying about her business.

The vast majority have complied.
Mrs S reopened yesterday and everyone was courteous and respectful.
She had a record day, by the way and slept well last night after months of worrying about her business.

What does she do?

I went to Hempstead Valley this week (needed new socks from TKMaxx!) and it was not nice. I still think there is work to do getting the safety / mental health balance right

Debenhams re-opened at 10am on Saturday. We popped down for a look around, I was dreading the crowds.

There were four of us in the whole store 😁😷👍👍👍

Debenhams re-opened at 10am on Saturday. We popped down for a look around, I was dreading the crowds.

There were four of us in the whole store 😁😷👍👍👍
Same with HV - I don't think it is going to go well, TK Maxx had people at the bottom of the stairs radioing up to see whether customers can go upstairs. I would like to be able to be treated as an adult - too many signs saying "go this way" "stay on the left" "enter this side" maked it an unpleasant experience IMO.

Same with HV - I don't think it is going to go well, TK Maxx had people at the bottom of the stairs radioing up to see whether customers can go upstairs. I would like to be able to be treated as an adult - too many signs saying "go this way" "stay on the left" "enter this side" maked it an unpleasant experience IMO.

Mrs shop is quite small so just one in at a time or same family.
Once they are in, she clicks the latch down.
She’s also offering appointments after closing for a private shopping experience and is fully booked this week and next.
When ladies go to the trouble of booking, it’s inevitable that they will spend.