TJ Eyoma | Page 3 | Vital Football

TJ Eyoma

No, we were told he could play in both positions, so no change at all:

https://www.weareimps.com/news/2020/january/200130-tj-joins/

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/tj-eyoma-lincoln-tottenham-signing-3795899

MA has already said that Eyoma and Hinds would have got an opportunity in the first team once we were safe from relegation, so TJ would have played if the season had not been curtailed. He was signed mainly as cover, and he would have been under no illusions about that.

Far from being odd, this is an obvious move for both parties.

Not sure I'm totally convinced, especially as it seems like he could be 4th choice CB and maybe 2nd choice RB. Just can't see why Spurs would send him here to play in the Carabao Cup or whatever as you mention above, he could do that for Spurs!

Unless he is indeed going to be our first choice right back. Would be surprised though based on profile as a CB.

Not sure I'm totally convinced, especially as it seems like he could be 4th choice CB and maybe 2nd choice RB. Just can't see why Spurs would send him here to play in the Carabao Cup or whatever as you mention above, he could do that for Spurs!

Unless he is indeed going to be our first choice right back. Would be surprised though based on profile as a CB.

Good to have competition for places. If he starts on the bench then he can impress in training and fight for a first team place. He might start, he’s obviously rated by Spurs given that he got a three year deal. Who knows.

Good to have competition for places. If he starts on the bench then he can impress in training and fight for a first team place. He might start, he’s obviously rated by Spurs given that he got a three year deal. Who knows.

It's great to have competition for places and I like his pedigree, just trying to work out where it fits as if I were Spurs I would want him playing games!

We might see some movement on Ellis Chapman now. Probably heading in the opposite direction.

To Tottenham????. Really can't see that and in any case although we have left the contract on the table that's only to secure a small fee when he ends up somewhere. I'd be very surprised if he wore our shirt again

It's great to have competition for places and I like his pedigree, just trying to work out where it fits as if I were Spurs I would want him playing games!

Season is going to be condensed more than in recent ones so there's going to be a lot of chopping and changing per match. Everyone in the squad will get plenty of game time I suspect

Think this shows again the pulling power of MA and the respect he must have when it comes to taking care of players. John Jules next ?!

Think this shows again the pulling power of MA and the respect he must have when it comes to taking care of players. John Jules next ?!
If there are two or three more loans to come, you would think he will be one of them. MA also said last week that a couple of last season's loanees are set to return, the first of whom is TJ today. Very unlikely Coventry will be back, given our new options in central midfield, and I don't rate Hesketh.

If there are two or three more loans to come, you would think he will be one of them. MA also said last week that a couple of last season's loanees are set to return, the first of whom is TJ today. Very unlikely Coventry will be back, given our new options in central midfield, and I don't rate Hesketh.
Bridcutt returned as well, so that could be it for last years loanee's? Although I wouldn't be surprised at all if TJJ came back.

I didn't massively rate Hesketh but MAPP really seemed to? Gave him an awful lot of games and froze out others such as Payne.

I didn't massively rate Hesketh but MAPP really seemed to? Gave him an awful lot of games and froze out others such as Payne.
I used to go to matches and think Hesketh had done little. On watching the highlights he quite often provided the vital pass to create a goal.
Not saying he was a world beater but he was probably better than he was generally credited with.

Hesketh was one of those players who covered a lot of ground in matches which can often go unnoticed. He had one superb match ( Ipswich) and was generally okay for the rest of the time whilst being unspectacular but efficient. I get why he was selected over Payne and that was more of an insurance policy as his workrate was always going to be much more than Payne on a wet night in Rochdale.

I used to go to matches and think Hesketh had done little. On watching the highlights he quite often provided the vital pass to create a goal.
Not saying he was a world beater but he was probably better than he was generally credited with.
Like Payne, Hesketh seemed to get a lot of chances, and was guilty of some poor misses. Payne's expected goals data from the previous year at Bradford suggested he should score every four/five games but was only actually scoring every eight or so matches. By last September, you could see this repeating itself.

We will have to beg to differ on this one. The figures don't back that up either - just one goal and one assist in 20 matches is poor for a No.10.

Grant 8, Anderson 4, Eardley 3, Toffolo 3, Walker 3, Morrell 3, Bolger 1, Andrade 1, Hopper 1, Payne 1, Connolly 1, Hesketh 1, Lewis 1, Scully 1.

We will have to beg to differ on this one. The figures don't back that up either - just one goal and one assist in 20 matches is poor for a No.10.

Grant 8, Anderson 4, Eardley 3, Toffolo 3, Walker 3, Morrell 3, Bolger 1, Andrade 1, Hopper 1, Payne 1, Connolly 1, Hesketh 1, Lewis 1, Scully 1.
My eyes told me similar. Ollie Palmer has had some stick on here recently, but I would say he had a far more positive impact on LCFC than Jake Hesketh (granted a division lower).

Agreed. I think he had a very good assist where he touched it off to Walker but otherwise the end product wasn't really there.

My suspicion was that his 'play style' fit better than a Payne type. He didn't take many touches. Payne takes a billion in and around the area and can slow it down whereas Hesketh might get it and play it a bit quicker? That's a total guess though.

I think he looked a bit ineffective generally.