TJ Eyoma | Vital Football

TJ Eyoma

Think we’ll see a lot of this lad this time round. Very good pedigree looking at his profile. Should be able to look after himself in the real world of 1st team football.

Signed on loan for the season from Spurs. Not sure he saw a minute for us last year?
He didn't - but clearly with a full season's loan and the loss of Shackell, Eardley and Bozzie there's more of an opportunity for him, he likes the set-up and MA likes him.

Being able to play right back and centre back is helpful too. Presumably he will remain primarily cover but with injuries, suspensions and the compressed season he should get plenty of opportunity.

Big too, Notty will be pleased though he's probably also comfortable on the ball for pratting about at the back opportunities.

Welcome back TJ!

Odd. Seemed promising when we originally signed him but never saw the lad play. Interesting to note change of position, Lewis likely to start with him as back up.

Given versatility in Melbourne, Edun and Eyoma, should we expect that we’re done in defence?

I thought he was a CB but the OS states RB who can play at CB.

I think I had him on FM ages ago and he was a CB who could play RB.

It's interesting that hes been loaned to us again having not played last season? If he was going to be first choice this, I'm surprised we didn't just throw him in

I think I had him on FM ages ago and he was a CB who could play RB.

It's interesting that hes been loaned to us again having not played last season? If he was going to be first choice this, I'm surprised we didn't just throw him in
If he was going to come in at RB, then we had Eardley. Bolger/Bostwick at CB so that was ok-ish.

Could have just been an extended trial to look at him I suppose. We seemed to do a bit of that in the second half of the season - Andrews, Hinds etc

Odd. Seemed promising when we originally signed him but never saw the lad play. Interesting to note change of position, Lewis likely to start with him as back up.

Given versatility in Melbourne, Edun and Eyoma, should we expect that we’re done in defence?

It’s a fair big gamble not to have 2 seasoned players available in centre of defence.
Might take Montana a few months or so to get up to speed and we at least need a plan B if that were the case.

Eyoma being referred to primarily as a RB would suggest we still have another CH to appear.

Why odd? Lincoln only played six matches after he joined us. And Lincoln said he was a right-back or centre-half when he joined in January, so no change of position.

Can only speculate that if the season had continued we might have seen him, especially if we were relatively safe from relegation

If he was going to come in at RB, then we had Eardley. Bolger/Bostwick at CB so that was ok-ish.

Could have just been an extended trial to look at him I suppose. We seemed to do a bit of that in the second half of the season - Andrews, Hinds etc

Guess that makes sense. Just would have thought spurs would want him playing regularly and it's not a surprise really that eardley and bozzy have gone based on Appleton's model.

I would have thought we might pick up more experienced first team loans where possible and the young players we could sell on would be permanent, but maybe a deal like this is good financially (low wage contribution) at the moment.

I think to be fair I thought he'd been here for more games than he realistically was.