TJ Eyoma | Page 2 | Vital Football

TJ Eyoma

Also remember when he joined us he was the 6th out of 5 permitted loans, and defence was pretty well covered in general, so he didn't get chances he otherwise might have. Will be different this time around and a welcome addition to the squad

TJ was really signed as backup for Bostwick (who was struggling with injuries) and Shackell (who was struggling with playing football competently). I can see him playing in the Leasing.com and possibly the Carabao Cups as a minimum this time, and possibly more if he does well.

Odd. Seemed promising when we originally signed him but never saw the lad play. Interesting to note change of position, Lewis likely to start with him as back up.

Given versatility in Melbourne, Edun and Eyoma, should we expect that we’re done in defence?

I seriously hope not.

Odd. Seemed promising when we originally signed him but never saw the lad play. Interesting to note change of position, Lewis likely to start with him as back up.

Given versatility in Melbourne, Edun and Eyoma, should we expect that we’re done in defence?
Still need an experienced centre back with only Bolger fitting that desciption.

Why odd? Lincoln only played six matches after he joined us. And Lincoln said he was a right-back or centre-half when he joined in January, so no change of position.
We were told he was a CB who could cover at RB originally. Now it’s the other way round which is a change of position to me, he’s now a RB covering at CB.

Just slightly odd to me as he will have gone out to play games and even if we only played 6, he didn’t play any. I’d have expected 1 of the 4 parties wouldn’t have been happy with that.

Probably a good thing that he’s come back as he enjoyed the training, has felt he developed (and probably good deal for the budget too) and Appleton also believes in him.

We were told he was a CB who could cover at RB originally. Now it’s the other way round which is a change of position to me, he’s now a RB covering at CB.

Just slightly odd to me as he will have gone out to play games and even if we only played 6, he didn’t play any. I’d have expected 1 of the 4 parties wouldn’t have been happy with that.
No, we were told he could play in both positions, so no change at all:

https://www.weareimps.com/news/2020/january/200130-tj-joins/

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/tj-eyoma-lincoln-tottenham-signing-3795899

MA has already said that Eyoma and Hinds would have got an opportunity in the first team once we were safe from relegation, so TJ would have played if the season had not been curtailed. He was signed mainly as cover, and he would have been under no illusions about that.

Far from being odd, this is an obvious move for both parties.

Captained spurs under 23s, loads of games in the england youth set up. Given a three year contract at spurs. I would say he at least matches Lewis in terms of potential - which is pretty much all we have to go on with each of them.

No, we were told he could play in both positions, so no change at all:

https://www.weareimps.com/news/2020/january/200130-tj-joins/

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/tj-eyoma-lincoln-tottenham-signing-3795899

MA has already said that Eyoma and Hinds would have got an opportunity in the first team once we were safe from relegation, so TJ would have played if the season had not been curtailed. He was signed mainly as cover, and he would have been under no illusions about that.

Far from being odd, this is an obvious move for both parties.
But you said he was signed to cover Bostwick? You would sign a player who is predominately a CB to do that wouldn’t you? We’re now being told he’s predominantly a RB?

Only reason I’m questioning it is if he’s predominantly a CB then I wouldn’t expect another CB to join - if he’s a RB who covers at CB then maybe one would.

Perhaps not mathematically we weren’t safe but we were never going to go down considering some of the clubs in the league. Would you not be concerned that you would only play this season when there’s nothing left to play for? No matter what people say.

And both parties? A little naive of you to think that there are only 2 parties involved.

Anyway, it’s good to see him back as Appleton evidently has faith.

But you said he was signed to cover Bostwick? You would sign a player who is predominately a CB to do that wouldn’t you? We’re now being told he’s predominantly a RB?

Only reason I’m questioning it is if he’s predominantly a CB then I wouldn’t expect another CB to join - if he’s a RB who covers at CB then maybe one would.

Perhaps not mathematically we weren’t safe but we were never going to go down considering some of the clubs in the league. Would you not be concerned that you would only play this season when there’s nothing left to play for? No matter what people say.

And both parties? A little naive of you to think that there are only 2 parties involved.

Anyway, it’s good to see him back as Appleton evidently has faith.
Alright, please yourself!

Bolger beginning to look like the potential fall guy here, with all these defenders arriving that are comfortable with the ball at their feet and happy to play out from the back...
In my opinion Bolger actually played very well towards the end of the season and lest we forget ultimately defenders should first and foremost be able to defend. His distribution was no better or worse than Bostwick’s and yet he’s held up to be the panacea of all defenders, he wasn’t, he was a seriously good rugged old fashioned centre back who read the game well but, a great passer of the ball out of defence he wasn’t.
What do we want first an inexperienced defender who can’t defend but, is comfortable playing the ball out from the back or a steady, uncompromising, experienced defender who plays within his limitations!

In my opinion Bolger actually played very well towards the end of the season and lest we forget ultimately defenders should first and foremost be able to defend. His distribution was no better or worse than Bostwick’s and yet he’s held up to be the panacea of all defenders, he wasn’t, he was a seriously good rugged old fashioned centre back who read the game well but, a great passer of the ball out of defence he wasn’t.
What do we want first an inexperienced defender who can’t defend but, is comfortable playing the ball out from the back or a steady, uncompromising, experienced defender who plays within his limitations!

He looks like a player that needs a run of games. Was superb first for when we were keeping cleanos and then found it tough when he was asked to play one here and there.

I would say Bozzie’s distribution was better but that could be linked to him playing on his preferred side.

I too am not wholly convinced by Bolger. Yes, I agree he played some good games during the curtailed season, but for me he has one potential mistake per game in him, usually from a tendency to be drawn out of position occasionally. He also gets himself involved in things he shouldn’t, which can result in him getting himself into trouble instead of not getting involved in the first place. If he is going to stay and develop he needs to show leadership with younger lads around him, particularly by being be a lot more disciplined in holding his positioning and by not racing half the length of the pitch to involve himself unnecessarily in a physical altercation. Sticking up for your team-mates is one thing but not by getting yourself booked or sent off unnecessarily.

How do you know the new defenders can't defend?
Can you for one minute think that MA is going to bring players in who aren't at least on a par with what he has at his disposal, I'd suggest they are probably better all round players but just lacking in gametime experience. I know which I'd choose.