Time for a new manager? | Page 49 | Vital Football

Time for a new manager?

Hopefully its as accurate as the numerous stories confirming Henry had got the job.

I've seen just as many reports, saying there have been denials about an approach for Dean Smith.
I suppose, if enough stories with enough names are thrown around, some hack will be able to claim he got it right.
Someone earlier suggested Henry as manager, with Wenger as DoF.
I had previously suggested Terry as manager with Ranieri as DoF.
I also threw the name of Erik Ten Haag into the mix. He's Ajax manager for anyone unsure of who he is. Couldn't think of a DoF for him to work with though.
Dean Smith's strength seems to be in working with whats already at a club and getting them to gel as a unit.
Have no idea what he'd be like as a manager handed a transfer kitty though.
Glad the final decision belongs to someone else, it would make me crazier than I am.

Yup if you talk to some Brentford fans they think Smith tactically naive
also glad I do not have to choose Do not know enough about foreign managers other than those who have managed here so if it was me would stick with same first choice as last time but will not get Dyche so
Bilic or Smith just someone with an approach that makes sense would be an improvement.

I've seen just as many reports, saying there have been denials about an approach for Dean Smith.
I suppose, if enough stories with enough names are thrown around, some hack will be able to claim he got it right.
Someone earlier suggested Henry as manager, with Wenger as DoF.
I had previously suggested Terry as manager with Ranieri as DoF.
I also threw the name of Erik Ten Haag into the mix. He's Ajax manager for anyone unsure of who he is. Couldn't think of a DoF for him to work with though.
Dean Smith's strength seems to be in working with whats already at a club and getting them to gel as a unit.
Have no idea what he'd be like as a manager handed a transfer kitty though.
Glad the final decision belongs to someone else, it would make me crazier than I am.
I like the ideas..but some names are so stupid it's crazy..it's deeper than getting shot of the manager..its been going on for too long...New manager with ideas etc....but we got to build agn not loans backbone in team ..ya cant keep doing loans..new team every season to gel together...this is our quick fix that can't and will not work..put new thread up about it..

I like the ideas..but some names are so stupid it's crazy..it's deeper than getting shot of the manager..its been going on for too long...New manager with ideas etc....but we got to build agn not loans backbone in team ..ya cant keep doing loans..new team every season to gel together...this is our quick fix that can't and will not work..put new thread up about it..

We could go for Ian Holloway of course.

I'd like to throw a name into the ring........ but please don't send me to 'Coventry'.

I'd suggest (as an outsider) the Fat Spanish Waiter. I think he may jump at Villa. Big club, rich owners - money to spend, which he never gets at Newcastle. He likes to play football as it's supposed to be played, has experience in the Championship, PL and Europe, so if he did come we wouldn't really need to ' change jockey' as we ride on into the PL and Europe............

I'd like to throw a name into the ring........ but please don't send me to 'Coventry'.

I'd suggest (as an outsider) the Fat Spanish Waiter. I think he may jump at Villa. Big club, rich owners - money to spend, which he never gets at Newcastle. He likes to play football as it's supposed to be played, has experience in the Championship, PL and Europe, so if he did come we wouldn't really need to ' change jockey' as we ride on into the PL and Europe............
Fuck off back to Coventry

And where is all the money to spend unless our rich owners can fuck the fair play rules...may have big backers but in earning money and spending it ...we could be hednesford town...or my local...Chasetown Fc....?

also glad I do not have to choose Do not know enough about foreign managers other than those who have managed here so if it was me would stick with same first choice as last time but will not get Dyche so
Bilic or Smith just someone with an approach that makes sense would be an improvement.

Yes, I was talking to a Brentford fan before the game last month and he said they don't like him like they did Warburton. he has no connection with the fans the way Warburton did. Strange when the play so well and punch at least a division above their weight

I would have Terry all day long. I think it's clear to see the influence he had on the players last season , and he wouldn't need time to get to know tham either.

I read today that he's either been named or about to be named Chelsea under 23s manager. Could be rubbish if course.

I read today that he's either been named or about to be named Chelsea under 23s manager. Could be rubbish if course.

Ah right.

Normally I would have gone for an experienced manager , but having seen Lamapard and Gerrard not doing to badly convinced me Terry would be more than capable.

Dean Smith would probably be my number 1 choice but I wouldn't be against someone foreign providing they had a decent track record. Terry is probably the only total novice I'd have accepted I think.

I think Terry is a good shout, as long as there's a good DoF in place, to help him out with the none footballing stuff a manager has to deal with nowadays.
I can't see Terry standing any guff from any prima donna's in the squad.
I don't think he'd be averse to kicking lazy buggers up the arse either.

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of Erik Ten Haag, a name I threw in to the ring a bit earlier. He has some experience in Holland and Germany and has really good records everywhere he's been, both as assistant and head coach/manager.
He works really well with young players, is forward thinking and his teams tend to play on the front foot.

Was reading the Arsene is very keen on getting back into management and is putting together a team to prepare for that eventuality. Don't know if he'd consider us, but ...

Benitez is head and shoulders above most of the candidates.

I reckoned and still reckon that Steve Clark would have been a better appointment than Bruce.

Let's face it, Tim would be a better appointment than Bruce.

Was reading the Arsene is very keen on getting back into management and is putting together a team to prepare for that eventuality. Don't know if he'd consider us, but ...

Benitez is head and shoulders above most of the candidates.

I reckoned and still reckon that Steve Clark would have been a better appointment than Bruce.

Let's face it, Tim would be a better appointment than Bruce.

Do you think Tiny would be able to hobble around the training pitch on his crutches quickly enough to keep up?

Bilic has just got a job with some club in the Middle East so can rule him out

If you are one of the ones who want attractive football, then Rafa isn't the man.