Time for a new manager? | Page 47 | Vital Football

Time for a new manager?

Not for me 58, Ranieri is the tinker man and happened to be in the right place at the right time. Once his eccentricities became a bore to the players, he lost them at Leicester.

I'm sure we would all welcome this guy with open arms.
Couldnt help chuckle after seeing his defence is marshalled by a converted strong tackling midfielder. Maybe Brucie is forward thinking after all and we just havent caught up yet.

The difference being, Hoffenheims converted midfielder is mobile, has a bit of pace and understands the job he's been given. Whereas our converted midfielder, has no pace, isn't that mobile and hasn't got a clue about the job he's being asked to do.

Not for me 58, Ranieri is the tinker man and happened to be in the right place at the right time. Once his eccentricities became a bore to the players, he lost them at Leicester.
Merd, he got the name 'Tinkerman' because he wasn't afraid to change something that wasn't working and to freshen things up.
Strange isn't it, that now the majority of coaches/managers in the Premiership do exactly the same thing and get praised for it.

Remember that Gareth Southgate was a converted midfielder. Just in our experiment with Jedinak, he is mid 30's, slow and not a great passers. He is a great physical screen in front and wins a lot in the air, just not a central defender and we don't have time for him to learn.

Merd, he got the name 'Tinkerman' because he wasn't afraid to change something that wasn't working and to freshen things up.
Strange isn't it, that now the majority of coaches/managers in the Premiership do exactly the same thing and get praised for it.
You could suggest that Bruce is also doing this until he falls onto something that works - different sides of the same coin. For me, he is quirky, which can work in the right circumstances but the stars have to be aligned and it may also be a disaster. He is therefore not for me, although I accept that I might be wrong.

There is definitely momentum towards a younger more tactically astute manager. If fat face stays Frank lampard will finish above him. The tide is definitely turning and I feel something positive will happen in the next week.
?

The difference being, Hoffenheims converted midfielder is mobile, has a bit of pace and understands the job he's been given. Whereas our converted midfielder, has no pace, isn't that mobile and hasn't got a clue about the job he's being asked to do.

Yes, I was taking the piss

You could suggest that Bruce is also doing this until he falls onto something that works - different sides of the same coin. For me, he is quirky, which can work in the right circumstances but the stars have to be aligned and it may also be a disaster. He is therefore not for me, although I accept that I might be wrong.

Thats just it Merd, Bruce does the same game after game after game, so how could you possibly think he's 'tinkering'.
Ranieri has experience of big clubs from Inter, Roma, Fiorentina, Chelsea to Monaco and has good records at them all.
As for being eccentric,(quirky), do you mean fostering a together family feel by buying the entire team Pizza's when they did well.
Don't forget in the season after they won the Premiership, they reached the quarter final of the Champions League. it's just that the players couldn't really be arsed in the league.
Besides, thats all about his managerial career, being DoF is a completely different job.

Ranieri also had an assistant who was out for his job at Leicester, so it was said at the time. Not saying he's right for us, think we have a mess, a talented mess but still a mess, and maybe it needs a different sort of approach to sorting it out. But the way he handled Leicester's title chase was brilliant.

Ranieri also had an assistant who was out for his job at Leicester, so it was said at the time. Not saying he's right for us, think we have a mess, a talented mess but still a mess, and maybe it needs a different sort of approach to sorting it out. But the way he handled Leicester's title chase was brilliant.

He didn't do the 'normal' new manager crap of bringing in a load of his own players, he just 'tinkered' with the set up.
The following season he lost the engine room of that team with Kante going to Chelsea,and didn't Drinkwater go as well?
As I said, his experience in the DoF position would I think be really invalueable to a new coach/manager coming in, especially one who has no experience of a big club.

Anyway I think that the appointment of DoF is just as important as that of head coach/manager and the two should be considered in tandem as they have to work together closely.

Henry wasn't even approached before, so god knows why he'd be made favourite .

Which bookie is offering odds? I'd be tempted to stick a score on Rodgers if he's more than 10/1

Strange comment from Rodgers last night about being approached in the summer.

Not sure why he felt the need to say that now , but there seems a bit of discontent at Celtic at the moment.

I can't see Brendon Rodgers coming to Aston Villa, in fact, I personally never did. Yes, he talked in glowing terms about us during the McGinn transfer but I suspect he was being partially clever in deflecting away why McGinn turned Celtic down over Aston Villa.

I hope I'm wrong though:hmmm:

"BRENDAN RODGERS was offered £8million up front to make a megabucks switch to China, according to reports.
The Daily Mail also claims the Celtic gaffer this week held talks with Parkhead tycoon Dermot Desmond and chief executive Peter Lawwell amid the club’s worst league start for 20 years."

“That was no different to any of the other in my focus is on Celtic and helping us rise to the challenge.

“What you know with China is that it was an awful lot of money. But, what I’ve found here is happiness.
“I spoke with the owners of the club and the board and we found an agreement.
“I’m very much here and I have another two years on my contract after this season “Unless they get fed up with me I’m very privileged to be here. “

Full Article: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...na-celtic-talks-dermot-desmond-peter-lawwell/

Last edited:
The fact the favourite is as big as 5-1 suggests the bookies dont have a clue themselves who we might be interested in.

Posted this elsewhere, but better here

Do you know the worst thing about all of this.
recently, We have been utterly pathetic recently, pathetic.

One win in however many games, games against the bottom 6 and only for 45 minutes against Brentford have we actually attempted to "win the game" and "play attacking football"

And after all that, dreadful performance after dreadful performance, we are STILL only 2 points from the top 6 and only 6 points off the top !!!!!!

That is how bad this league is, but we are balssing it up in front of our eyes with all the negative slow slow hoof hoof slow crap that Bruce for some reason cannot see is not the ansewr.

Even a totally mediocre set of performances and we would probably around 4th now, the odd good performance and we would be walking this league.

Can't the powers that be see that ?

Today, it is being reported that Alan Nixon claims we're lining up Dean Smith and Bruce has two matches to save himself.....

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/09/blogs/aston-villa-line-up-dean-smith/

Hope so. Nixon seems to be a member of the Bruce fan club and states that we will never accept him because of his blues links. I really do love how these people who don't pay a penny to watch his football all love so much. I can take Villa fans sticking up for him if they want but it's this media fan club that really get my goat they have gone to bat for him since he screwed up Sunderland and it's getting old.