Tickets for Troops | Vital Football

Tickets for Troops

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Great idea. :clappy:

http://www.lincolnladiesfc.com/news/tickets_for_troops.html

Excellent. We should do the same for the men as we need all the fans we can get at the moment and if we could get serving forces in with discounted tickets great.

Stevie_imp - 4/3/2013 19:18

Excellent. We should do the same for the men as we need all the fans we can get at the moment and if we could get serving forces in with discounted tickets great.

Couldn't disagree more. They get paid for the job they choose to do, why can't they pay to get in like the rest of us?

They could get killed doing their day job and would do so for you as a British citizen. I think that's a fairly major differentiator. At least it is for me as I'm not sure how risky your job is. Then there is the absolute sh*t pay most of them get for these jobs. Just MHO. :cheers:

As someone who doesn't post on here much but has served for 27 years and has a son that has done 2 front line tours under fire in Afganistan on probably far less than you per year, I find your remarks totally insulting to all members of the Armed Forces!

Stevie_imp - 4/3/2013 19:27

They could get killed doing their day job and would do so for you as a British citizen. I think that's a fairly major differentiator. At least it is for me as I'm not sure how risky your job is. Then there is the absolute sh*t pay most of them get for these jobs. Just MHO. :cheers:

And on top of that you want to give them tickets to LCFC. Don't they suffer enough? ;)

Is it really disgraceful and insulting to suggest that members of the Armed Forces should pay full price to get into a football match? I have absolute respect for all service-men and women, and think that this is a good idea, for what it's worth, but I think that that's a bit of an over-reaction.

pasifistimp - 4/3/2013 19:29

As someone who doesn't post on here much but has served for 27 years and has a son that has done 2 front line tours under fire in Afganistan on probably far less than you per year, I find your remarks totally insulting to all members of the Armed Forces!

Just my opinion. Should they also have reduced prices in shops, pubs, cinemas etc? I think they are probably very brave to do the job they do, but it is their chosen career. Respect to you and your son, I hope he stays safe, but I really don't see why we should offer cheap entry to some and not others, who are probably on much less money than the armed forces. As I said, just my opinion.

BrownImp - 4/3/2013 19:35

Is it really disgraceful and insulting to suggest that members of the Armed Forces should pay full price to get into a football match? I have absolute respect for all service-men and women, and think that this is a good idea, for what it's worth, but I think that that's a bit of an over-reaction.

I agree it's an over-reaction and I don't think they should get any concession. Where do you draw the line? Nurses? Policemen? Charity workers? All noble jobs, with variable degrees of risk, but all, ultimately, the choice of the individual.

Think of the Olympics, many of those came from overseas operations and instead of seeing their families were sent to London. In the USA their service men and women are treated with respect and would never be denied respect or discounts anywhere. The Sun newspaper also offer a discount scheme for our Armed Forces!

If I had my way, we'd have discounted entry for a different occupation each home game. Police, ambulance/hospital, fire services, factory workers, Armed Forces, retail etc. etc. Just a little something that might gain a rumble of momentum amongst work-forces and inspire a few old fans to return/new fans to become hooked.

BrownImp - 4/3/2013 19:41

If I had my way, we'd have discounted entry for a different occupation each home game. Police, ambulance/hospital, fire services, factory workers, Armed Forces, retail etc. etc. Just a little something that might gain a rumble of momentum amongst work-forces and inspire a few old fans to return/new fans to become hooked.
Good idea :clappy:
As a health service worker I certainly dont earn a fortune and dont get bounses like the bankers even when they cock up even though someone said on the radio the other day that public sector do :wtf:

pasifistimp - 4/3/2013 19:41

Think of the Olympics, many of those came from overseas operations and instead of seeing their families were sent to London. In the USA their service men and women are treated with respect and would never be denied respect or discounts anywhere. The Sun newspaper also offer a discount scheme for our Armed Forces!

Exactly where have I disrespected anyone? You seem to be the disrespectful one, calling me a "bloody disgrace". Are people not allowed differing opinions?

The Help For Heroes charity of which Simon Yeo is such a great supporter of is for one reason, the goverment and british citizens do not appreciate the sacrifices being made OVERSEAS to make their comfy homes, airports, bus stations etc being safe.

pasifistimp - 4/3/2013 19:48

The Help For Heroes charity of which Simon Yeo is such a great supporter of is for one reason, the goverment and british citizens do not appreciate the sacrifices being made OVERSEAS to make their comfy homes, airports, bus stations etc being safe.

Well, that is a completely different point and one, for which I may have some sympathy.

Suggesting on LCB that everyone on Vitals is disrespectful towards the Armed Forces because one person disagrees with you is a little disrespectful in itself, I think. No-one's said anything that could be construed as being in any way negative about the Forces. Fact.

pasifistimp - 4/3/2013 19:57

Imptastic, why not join the TA and do your bit?

Because I choose not to. That does not mean I am being disrespectful to those that choose to do it. In the same way that I would not be a trawlerman or a paramedic. My only point was that I don't see why one section of society should get reduced price tickets, when they are earning a salary.

pasifistimp - 4/3/2013 19:31

Imptastic you are a bloody disgrace!

He doesn't me to defend him but imptastic is about the most liberal minded person you could meet. He actually collects for the poppy appeal so he shows his loyalty to the services. Nobody argues they do a dangerous job but it is a fair point that they freely and willingly sign up and know all the risks of the job.