Thommo | Page 4 | Vital Football

Thommo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of us won't be listening to the radio on Saturday but I do hope he just let's rip.
"Michael this referee is a complete f#@king prick, and don't get me started on that c#@t that complained about me. I hope her tw@t shrivels up! Oh, and thanks to everyone that has helped and supported me over the years." That should finish the job well
Is there any chance that Mrs Thommo was the complainant, she maybe has a list of DIY jobs around the house that he promised he would do when he had a spare Saturday.

Well done Thommo, the one liners were great although a bit repetitive. Some memorable gems
‘ it’s a goal Michael’
‘I like a big un and a little un up top’
‘442’
‘ square balls get mangers the sack’
‘ handbags’
He will probably go out in a blaze of glory this weekend. Bingo Thommo for a full house

Nice start, John. Here are his others:

"He wanted bed and breakfast on it"
"Raiders, I call them, Michael" (Wingers, the rest of us call them)
"They're on gas and air"
"Half a loaf"
"The referee's indecision is final"
"Cancel his family allowance"

I hold the patent on Thommo Bingo, btw. Fat lot of good it is now!

Most of us won't be listening to the radio on Saturday but I do hope he just let's rip.
"Michael this referee is a complete f#@king prick, and don't get me started on that c#@t that complained about me. I hope her tw@t shrivels up! Oh, and thanks to everyone that has helped and supported me over the years." That should finish the job well
Vicar's should not use those expressions on this chat line!

Unfortunately it only takes one person to claim they are offended nowadays for peoples careers to be destroyed.
I know - I have witnessed something very similar first hand. Unfortunately in that case the word of the complainant was accepted without the allegations being tested or evidence to support the complaint being tested. Nothing makes me so very angry, apart from double standards 🤬🤬

Unfortunately it only takes one person to claim they are offended nowadays for peoples careers to be destroyed.

I personally wouldn't go out my way to purposely offend anyone over anything but we are free human beings and we can literally say what the hell we like. If I do say something that offends someone then I'm afraid I really couldn't give two shits, please send the police round to arrest me.

There are plenty of dicks out there who love to feel offended because it makes them feel important.

They are no better than anyone else, we are all equal but these sort of people feel relevant when they claim to be offended.

Let's hope WW3 doesn't break out anytime soon because there are many people out there, citizens of this great country who I would hate to be next to in the trenches. In fact I would no doubt that there would be people next to you who would stab you in the back then ask you why you are bleeding.

Feel free to say what you like, if it offends anybody they'll just have to suck it up.
As far as I'm concerned it's their problem not mine.

if thats all he said, i think its a bit pathetic. Is the BBC the right place to broadcast football anymore?

if thats all he said, i think its a bit pathetic. Is the BBC the right place to broadcast football anymore?

Doesn't matter who broadcasts it, it will all come under the scrutiny of the PC brigade.

Any of the games I have watched this season I always have the away commentary on. Not because of Thommo's deficiencies but Hortin does zero prepping for the game and its not really the fact that I have a problem with him it's just the that in my opinion some of the away commentators are really good and provide a fair and balanced commentary of the match with lots of facts and information to go with that.

Radio Solent for the Portsmouth game was my favourite for this season.

My latest comic novel, 8 years in the conception and writing, will not be published. Why not? Because some young twit of an editor has demanded lots of politically correct amendments that I refuse to make. Never mind the skill in the writing, never mind that it is amusing/sad/touching, never mind that it deals with teenage angst and a host of other human problems. All of that is irrelevant because I am not allowed to liken an ageing building to Joan Collins or suggest that Andy Murray has ever had an argument with an umpire; I cannot say a man on a train is Nigerian because that could be construed as racist; I am not allowed to depict an an act of adolescent violence by a school bully because that could incite violence; and I definitely cannot label a young woman as 'attractive' because that turns her into a sexual object that perpetuates man's ongoing campaign of hatred and violence against women.

If you think I am joking, sadly I am not.

I am not sure what I am allowed to write anymore, so I am not going to bother again.

I have no idea what kind of world these humourless cretins are creating for themselves, but it is a world where no one - including themselves - is going to want to live.

Oh, and thank you for your contribution to our history, Thommo. An outstanding centre-half (not centre-back, please) who was part of one of the best Lincoln teams of all time, 11 goals in 218 appearances, player, captain, manager, commentator, and a genuinely nice man as well. I will not forget you, even though I suspect some assholes would try to make me.

I've tested out what Thomson said on a few friends and non of them can find anything offensive at all in what he is alleged to have said.

My latest comic novel, 8 years in the conception and writing, will not be published. Why not? Because some young twit of an editor has demanded lots of politically correct amendments that I refuse to make. Never mind the skill in the writing, never mind that it is amusing/sad/touching, never mind that it deals with teenage angst and a host of other human problems. All of that is irrelevant because I am not allowed to liken an ageing building to Joan Collins or suggest that Andy Murray has ever had an argument with an umpire; I cannot say a man on a train is Nigerian because that could be construed as racist; I am not allowed to depict an an act of adolescent violence by a school bully because that could incite violence; and I definitely cannot label a young woman as 'attractive' because that turns her into a sexual object that perpetuates man's ongoing campaign of hatred and violence against women.

If you think I am joking, sadly I am not.

I am not sure what I am allowed to write anymore, so I am not going to bother again.

I have no idea what kind of world these humourless cretins are creating for themselves, but it is a world where no one - including themselves - is going to want to live.
Comedy is dying if not already dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.