The World Cup | Page 2 | Vital Football

The World Cup

Spain v Portugal was brilliant. Great game for the lad to watch. Now there’s a funny thing and it shows the influence of modern technology. He knows all about the world superstars and he’s more likely to support Argentina because of Messi than anything else. When I was a kid it was your club and your country regardless. Geography mattered.
Now, FIFA 2018 on PS4 ratings and Match Attax cards inform them. He’s all “well, I’ll support England but I don’t think they’ll get very far.”

aye Harry you are right , my home city and country is how i played it also. Geography and history played a huge part for me, i could never ever contemplate wearing either a German or Argentinian top in my youth.

I think my dad would spin in his grave if any of his grandchildren wore a German top! Mind, I’d be equally uncomfortable with an Argie one.

Pity. The Aussies were doing well up till then.

Watched the Portugal v Spain game in Son Llatzer hospital in Palma. Lad in the next bed had the game on his iPad and beckoned me to watch. He was cheering until Ronaldo stepped up and scored. ‘You’re not singing anymore ‘ didn’t go down too well

Watched the Spain v Portugal game with my grandbairn last night,he's Ronaldo obsessed,that's how the beautiful game should be played,class.Nacho's goal was up there with one of the best I've seen.

Watched the Portugal v Spain game in Son Llatzer hospital in Palma. Lad in the next bed had the game on his iPad and beckoned me to watch. He was cheering until Ronaldo stepped up and scored. ‘You’re not singing anymore ‘ didn’t go down too well
Thought you were back in the pink Mc ....

I was PM, I had an allergic reaction to the mayonnaise ( I think) on a tuna baguette. Had a pair of lips like Mick Jagger, swollen tongue and a red rash over most of my body. First time ever, hope it’s the last

Talk about low key, it’s dead. I needed to get a flag for work, tried tesco,Asda,Aldi,Lidl,Sainsbury’s ,factory shop,Poundland and poundworld and peacocks. No one is selling anything apart from a few shitty tee shirts. Never know a WC like it. car boot may have some in the mornin*.

Hardly surprising you can't get one when councils are telling residents to take them down for fear of upsetting minorities. Frankly, we should be proud that minorities recognise the opportunities that are offered and that they choose to live here rather than anywhere else in the world.

Reactions: CM
The government has recently made changes to regulations which widen the types of flags you may fly in England.

Flags which do not need consent
The recent changes allow a wider range of national, sub-national, community and international flags.

The full list of flags that do not require consent are:

(a) Any country’s national flag, civil ensign or civil air ensign;

(b) The flag of the Commonwealth, the European Union, the United Nations or any other international organisation of which the United Kingdom is a member;

(c) A flag of any island, county, district, borough, burgh, parish, city, town or village within the United Kingdom;

(d) The flag of the Black Country, East Anglia, Wessex, any Part of Lincolnshire, any Riding of Yorkshire or any historic county within the United Kingdom; (e) The flag of Saint David;

(f) The flag of Saint Patrick;

(g) The flag of any administrative area within any country outside the United Kingdom;

(h) Any flag of Her Majesty’s forces;

(i) The Armed Forces Day flag.

The flags of St George and St Andrew are recognised as the national flags of England and Scotland, but the flags of St David and St Patrick are listed separately as they do not necessarily fall into the category of a country’s national flag.

Reactions: CM
Comparing football commentaries, the tv channel in the hotel bedroom for the footie is in German and is very much ‘matter of fact’ and not that much enthusiasm (tonight might change though) whereas when watching in the local bar on the Spanish channel the commentators are so much more entertaining in their celebrations of a goal ?. Either way it’s better than some of the inane drivel that comes from Robbie Savage and his ilk back home

I am looking forward to seeing Brazil and their sexy Samba football tonight, some of the experts are saying that this is one of the best Brazilian teams in a long time.

Both Brazil and Germany looked rather average in their opening games. Good to see Mexico winning they were by far the better side.