The World Cup | Page 15 | Vital Football

The World Cup

Henderson and Lovren must nip themselves when they are picked for Liverpool let alone their respective countries

they need to send players to other countries to get experience of other leagues. I wonder how many of the French/Croatian national players actually play in their respective leagues I bet it isn't much.

they need to send players to other countries to get experience of other leagues. I wonder how many of the French/Croatian national players actually play in their respective leagues I bet it isn't much.

Fuck me.

Aye, howay Pep, time to send Walker, Stones and Sterling abroad.

Jose, you listening? Your time's up with Lingard, Rashford, and Young.

Poch! Never mind Spurs, can you do the right thing by England and send Harry, Dele, Kieran and Eric on their way?

Hey, Brains. It ain't the England set up that decides these things.

Fuck me.

Aye, howay Pep, time to send Walker, Stones and Sterling abroad.

Jose, you listening? Your time's up with Lingard, Rashford, and Young.

Poch! Never mind Spurs, can you do the right thing by England and send Harry, Dele, Kieran and Eric on their way?

Hey, Brains. It ain't the England set up that decides these things.
You should have stopped at fuck me.

You should have stopped at fuck me.

Under normal circumstances i would have, however, i doubt he would have grasped it.

I also doubt he grasps the likes of Dinamo Zagreb and Hajduk Split can't offer anywhere near the riches of Real or Barca, but that's a different slant.

Despite all the hype it was in truth a poor effort from England for me. We hammered a pub team, struggled past some championship standard teams and lost to the only two decent teams we played. The 1986 or 1990 sides would have pissed this.

We were so one dimensional and as proved against Tunisia, Colombia and Croatia when we couldn't get the 2nd goal we ran out of ideas. Bringing Dier on for Henderson was like for like and was never going to change the pattern of the game. Why didn' he give Loftus-Cheek a runout as at least he tries to go forward. We were playing for penalties whilst Croatia were playing to win and deserved to go through. I bet Shelvey was pissing himself laughing watching Henderson, Dier, Dele Ali and that useless **** from Man Utd trying to pass the ball. It doesn't matter how long you play that system the players simply aren't good enough.

Agree vin re Loftus Cheek,should've started the game.Dele Ali scoring the 2nd goal v Columbia was pivotal,should've dropped him.
Kane should've been brought off at half time & replaced with Vardy but 3 centre backs trying to carry the ball out from the back showed a mind shift from the norm.Shouting for the Croats Sunday but always had a feeling for France.

England exceeded expectations the FA will be delighted despite the fact that they are light years away from the likes if France and Belgium

They got to the semi-final which i think exceeded expectations. They didnt get past the group stages in the euros and were beaten by Iceland

My point is they didn't beat any teams they would not be expected to beat based on rankings and pedigree. They got to the semi final because of the route which opened up lined with poor sides.

They cant control who they play and can only beat whats in front of them, if you fancied them to get to the semi-final then they didnt exceed your expection, i thought they would go out in the first knockout match so they exceeded my expectations

I also said they'd be out by the first knockout match so they exceeded my expectation although those who are calling for knighthoods and the like, need to give their heed a shake.

Even Southgate said that we weren't a top 4 side.

I expected them to do OK against the teams they beat, and to lose to the only decent teams they played. Which is what happened. But I do think they did well for a very limited group of players. How many of them would get in France team? maybe the full backs but how many more?. Hopefully they will improve but to do that they surely need regular football with their clubs.

Overall a cracking World Cup in comparison to past ones,enhanced by watching quite a few games with the grandbairn.
Best team to watch was Belgium for me,who could have easily won it.
Engerland won't win owt until they find that elusive world class number 10. Gazza was the last one & that was 20yrs ago.

Overall a cracking World Cup in comparison to past ones,enhanced by watching quite a few games with the grandbairn.
Best team to watch was Belgium for me,who could have easily won it.
Engerland won't win owt until they find that elusive world class number 10. Gazza was the last one & that was 20yrs ago.
A good assessment. For me, the most engaging World Cup that I can remember and the best team won.

England now play in a good, sporting spirit but fall short competitively. Southgate's key moment was losing to Belgium to get the bottom half of the draw. Attention will turn to the European games. He may out of work in two years.

Maybe if Croatia had Pickford in goal then it may have been even closer? Africa, you did the World Cup proud

Ah well. I thought it was a great tournament and for the most part, it was a festival of football, South American antics notwithstanding. Shame France won but their game management was beyond argument.

Unfortunately, after that brief few weeks that really hooked the lad and the two lasses, what have I got to offer them? Newcastle in the Premier League. Returning to Newcastle stories has brought the real world back with a vengeance. Who'll get one over on the other Rafa or The Tosser? Will they make a decent signing? News from the training ground? It's just rubbish. The boy is ten. We live nowhere near the North East. He's not in the bubble. Is it any wonder he looks longingly towards the top six, wondering where to place his allegiance?

That, to me, will be the lasting legacy of Ashley. That Newcastle have become a team no one chooses to support.