The World Cup Thread | Page 75 | Vital Football

The World Cup Thread

Your sarcasm and cynicism really is quite refreshing at times. And yes, I'm being serious....

And I really do fight it, believe it or not. I want to think less, feel less, and not care less, but................

And as I said the other day, it is their fault they brought politics into the game, so if they get the sharp end of criticism, for their empty preaching and symbolism, I don't think I will care much at all. Trouble is, as always, the wagons will circle to protect these delicate souls, because they are rich and because they are assets.

And I really do fight it, believe it or not. I want to think less, feel less, and not care less, but................

And as I said the other day, it is their fault they brought politics into the game, so if they get the sharp end of criticism, for their empty preaching and symbolism, I don't think I will care much at all. Trouble is, as always, the wagons will circle to protect these delicate souls, because they are rich and because they are assets.
Remember when you could watch sports and forget everything else for a few hours. It was a way to escape. Just entertainment and an opportunity to blow off steam.... Not anymore...

I think some are mistaking 'they died of poor diets' with the fact they are dying from ill use, poor conditions, malnutrition etc

There was an immigrant interviewed on the news today, he was saying they are cramming them 12 in a room as sheep.

As for the gay part of that guys facebook post.

They look really enlightened to me

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Qatar

Wicked people, but the players will put on rainbow laces and take the knee, so it is ok really isn't it.

Fixed that for you Fear 👍

World Cup Draw today!

I for one am excited. I love football. I love England. I love world cups.

I love all of the above more than I hate political corruptness.

Excellent news . Nice and early and means I can plan my nights out to avoid the knockout stages as the town centres will be busy being smashed up by the fuckwit Ingerland 'fans' after we have lost on pens.

World Cup Draw today!

I for one am excited. I love football. I love England. I love world cups.

I love all of the above more than I hate political corruptness.

Love the tournaments too, although I cant see us winning it in that climate.
Also not sure its right they wont be announcing which slots the games will be played in today. They are going to let the TV companies choose which time slots to put the games in after they've seen the draw

The most exciting thing about the World Cup is always the wallchart.
It was 50 years ago , now it's the erm erm, can't think of anything exciting about it.
I watch the England game and games with Villa players in but in general nah give me the Villa and day of the week. I might enjoy it if I could go to games but TV games bore me after a while and wall to wall for a month , not for me Jeff

Love the tournaments too, although I cant see us winning it in that climate.
Also not sure its right they wont be announcing which slots the games will be played in today. They are going to let the TV companies choose which time slots to put the games in after they've seen the draw

Yeah that's annoying. Any idea when the schedule will be decided? That's the main bit. Knowing which days to book off work!

but in general nah give me the Villa and day of the week.

Oh yeah. Definitely. I've always said I'd rather Villa win a corner than England win a match.... Don't see why people can't love both though. For 4 weeks every 2 years I just think it's brilliant.

Yeah that's annoying. Any idea when the schedule will be decided? That's the main bit. Knowing which days to book off work!

I dont think they've said how long it will take, although I'd like to think it should be sorted within a week.
I guess there wont be as much of a scramble to book days off work though now most people are able to "work" from home.

Oh yeah. Definitely. I've always said I'd rather Villa win a corner than England win a match.... Don't see why people can't love both though. For 4 weeks every 2 years I just think it's brilliant.

I thought it was when I was a boy but wall to wall 24/7 tv football has killed the thrill for me. I'll watch England and want us to win, as I'm a proud Englishman but the rest I'll pick and choose.

I dont think they've said how long it will take, although I'd like to think it should be sorted within a week.
I guess there wont be as much of a scramble to book days off work though now most people are able to "work" from home.

Or watch the telly on your computer at work , although I would never do that !!!!