The World Cup Thread | Page 77 | Vital Football

The World Cup Thread

I couldn't understand the bit about you can't have 2 teams in a group from the same federation, yet we could play either Scotland or Wales.

You can have 2 European teams in the same group because there's about 14 of them going. Just not 2 from the other confederations

Southgate looks to have struck lucky again with the draw. Not just an easy looking group but France, Germany, Spain, Belgium and Brazil all in the other half of the draw. Argentina & France are the only 2 I'm concerned about in our half.

Just seems a fiddle to me. Surely you just just play who you draw regardless.

Its supposed to give teams a chance to play different countries they don't always meet in qualifiers. I dont think its too bad an idea. Would probably be a bit disappointing for one of teh African/Asian countries to qualify then get drawn against other African/Asian teams

Oh God. Nooooo.....please.....They have just said on the radio.... omens from 1966 about this draw.

And no wonder the celts hate us when it comes to football. The public arrogance already about it being a good draw against 'the likes' of Wales and Scotland.

Last edited:
Wish my old mucka Witton Lane was still alive, just to wind him up asking him what he thought of the draw for Italy!

Anyway, very decent group, no way can any of them come home if they don't qualify out of that group. Hope Ukraine are the final team in the group!!