The Working Class v The Posh | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Working Class v The Posh

We all know Maloney should be choosing his strongest eleven available and in their favoured positions, but the buffoon still doesnt know what that is, so whats the point of us trying to do it on here?

I think he knew before the Charlton game but was trying to be clever and it backfired on him to the point there's no doubt now.

I think out of starting 11 Shaw or Scott Smith is probably the only position not completely settled.

On way to game n it's gotta be more like weather for a duck race than a football match....bet the groundsmen still have the sprinklers on. Magennis over Wyke on the bench 🤔🤔
WTF do I know about team selection ...come on SM bring the 3 points back 😉

Wow wot a win....was a class first half n wud have been no flattery of us if we had gone in 3 nil at half time......seemed to switch off first 10 mins of 2nd half & those subs baffled me but yet again wtf do I know about team selection. It was backs to the wall for a bit but that screamer from Callum Mac was a joyful relief. Such a shame towards the end that Sze didn't see the Stones for a lay off but fair plat to the lad for going for it....probably seeing the headlines of a first senior goal for Latics.
Thought Peterborough were a decent side who were ripping us apart down our left hand side in the 1st half.

Well done to Shaun and the Team after another Win,
on average scoring 2 goals every game is a good sign,
the opposition may have more possession, but we are still
Winning.

After the Charlton match, this result makes some amends and hopefully we can get a few more wins to take us up the table and start to relax more, like moonay advised me..

Brilliant tonight. Every player on that pitch put their body on the line, fought, closed down and worked tirelessly. For such a young side we showed a lot of maturity and if you take out the Charlton result we have been brilliant these past 5/6 games. There is obviously a long way to go but I am really loving this team at the moment and the spirit that is shining through. Brilliant to see so many academy players also. The football we play at times in an attacking sense is so exciting to watch and I am going to games and enjoying them much more than I have in a long time even though we have less of the ball and credit to Maloney for changing the system to suit our strengths. Thought Peterborough looked decent and are a good side, we defended resolutely and had to dig in second half but first half we played some brilliant stuff and looked really dangerous. All in all another brilliant night and onto Saturday!

2 goals in 7 of our last 8 games.

Good solid performance.

As for Shaun bringing off Godo and Humphrys, you can't have 2 strikers closing down opposition defences for 95 to 100 minutes 3 times a week. You will need to make your mind up. Does he resttthem or sub them to give them a break. Both Stephen and Martial looked buggered when they came off and I think the combination of frash/young legs from Stones, Sze and McManaman??? won us the game as we were falling deeper and deeper in the last quarter as we didn't have the outlet that we had in the first half. I think they realised that we were not the same threat until the subs came on.

Best move of the match was subbing Callum Lang as his enthusiasm was still evident but he was running low on gas and looked one late tackle away from another red.

Well done Boss.