The Working Class v The Posh | Vital Football

The Working Class v The Posh

jocklatic

Vital 1st Team Regular
Well up next this coming Tuesday is The Posh who are in the lofty position of 4th in the league & unbeaten in 2 games. Think this will be a more difficult game than the Charlton one & SM will need to be spot on with his team selection. Hopefully the team that saw off Bolton / Derby are the ones we see on display Tuesday & not the team that fell by the wayside against Bristol / Blackpool. A decent crowd would be a bonus but given that it's yet another mid week game then I can't see much more than last week's Charlton game.

Funny one to predict this one. Strange side. This lot, on their day can rip teams apart. But also can get beat with lower teams. Don’t know how much money these make. But sold a good few over the years. Maybe a bench mark for the way our owner to copy.

Well up next this coming Tuesday is The Posh who are in the lofty position of 4th in the league & unbeaten in 2 games. Think this will be a more difficult game than the Charlton one & SM will need to be spot on with his team selection. Hopefully the team that saw off Bolton / Derby are the ones we see on display Tuesday & not the team that fell by the wayside against Bristol / Blackpool. A decent crowd would be a bonus but given that it's yet another mid week game then I can't see much more than last week's Charlton game.
Well your first hope is out of the window jocklatic, unless Matt Smith makes a miraculous recovery, he was a major reason for those results.

Looking at the stats this is going to be a really tough test against a good side on a good run.

Peterborough are second in the form table and are unbeaten in the league in their last 9 with 5 wins and 4 draws. They've only lost 3 all season.

They are the 4th best away side with 4 win, 2 draws and 2 loses in 8 games.

They are the 6th best attack and defence scoring 25 and conceding 16 in 15 games.

They are very good at taking the lead in games but also end up conceding an equaliser about half of the time. They haven't been behind very often though. They haven't been involved in a goaless draw yet.

They have the some best passing stats in the division and the highest number of shots and crosses per game. They have lots of movement and pace and love to play it through the lines. I think they play a similar style to Oxford but have more individual pace and power. They are also strong as set pieces.

Last couple of games Clarke-Harris has only been on the bench for them but we all know he'sa big threat. Mason-Clarke seems to be in red hot form at the moment and looking at the highlights their right back Kioso (always looked strong in L1) looks to be giving them a lot of threat.

I dont think Maloney will make any unforced changes after last week. If Clare is out Rekik probably stays in. I could maybe see Shaw return for Smith after Shaw and Adeeko did so well against similar opponents in Oxford.

I'm expecting they'll come at us very aggressively and we'll have to weather some early chances like the Oxford game. But hopefully the space they'll leave attacking will be something we can exploit on the counter and we can give them something to worry about.

No Adeeko ?

Tonight's game is a hard one to call but I reckon Posh won't come here to park the bus which will probably suit us better, so I'm going to be optimistic and predict us to win by the odd goal in 3.
:cool:

Hopefully the manager won’t make too many changes from Saturday. I’m guessing the line up will be something like -

Tickle

Rekik
Hughes
Morrison

Sessegnon
Shaw
S Smith
Jones

Humphrys
Aasgard
Godo

Hopefully the manager won’t make too many changes from Saturday. I’m guessing the line up will be something like -

Tickle

Rekik
Hughes
Morrison

Sessegnon
Shaw
S Smith
Jones

Humphrys
Aasgard
Godo
ADEEKO is a certain starter if fit

Maloney saying he believes this is the best opposition we've faced so far in the pre match and i completely agree - they are pretty much a better / more developed version of what we currently are / trying to be.

That's not to say they are infallible, but we are still one of the worst teams in the league for conceding chances (averaging 16 shots against per game) , while Peterbough are the best at creating them (15 shots per game) - so if we defend like that it's hard to imagine we'll not get punished.

I think games like this against good opposition it will probably come down to how brave we can be in our own game. It's really easy and understandable to be worried about their threat and generally the fine line between showing them respect being fearful can knee cap your own game. When we beat Derby, Bolton, Oxford (after the first 20 mins) we showed no fear and it was like our attack was the best form of defence. If we are to get a win tonight we'll probably need to show that same fearless attitude, easier said than done but we have shown that we have it in our locker.

Tickle

Rekik
Hughes
Morrison

Sessegnon
Shaw
S Smith
Jones

Humphrys
Aasgard
Godo

That is the team i'm expecting he'll go with, with Clare for Rekik if they think he's fit enough.

Personally i'm not sure what else you'd do other than go with that.