The Wesley Moræs Thread | Page 70 | Vital Football

The Wesley Moræs Thread

I said if he's had one leg shorter than the other all his life nothing to do with his injury. yes he was tackled but the ref did not even give free-kick, the Villa players bar Dougie never showed any concern until he was stretched off . It was an accident. He's still being paid his 10m wages over 4 years, he's not signing on.
He's still playing , he probably won't play for Villa again it doesn't mean we should have a whip-round for him does it, he's a wealthy young man with his whole life ahead of him, I don't think he'll end up on the streets.
Yes it's a shame but far worse things happen to people and even footballers

16317A9B-37F1-4164-8161-9B2BC9861965.jpeg

I see he is off again. How much did we pay for him? How much have we lost inclusing wages? Ben Mee also has a lot to answer for.

I see he is off again. How much did we pay for him? How much have we lost inclusing wages? Ben Mee also has a lot to answer for.

22m we paid which was a record fee at the time for us. As we got him from Belgium I can't imagine he's on massive wages relative to the likes of Coutinho, Ings etc.

Whatever his intention Ben Mee has effectively ended this guys chance of a career at a decent level. Even if he'd not made it in the Premier league there's no reason he couldn't have gone on to play in another European league. Now I can't see that happening.

Good luck to him this season though. Hope he absolutely smashes it for his sake and ours.

That goal against Everton at Villa Park stays in my memory forever , it was all down hill after that. Right up there with Sammy Morgan in my pecking order of forgettable strikers

That goal against Everton at Villa Park stays in my memory forever , it was all down hill after that. Right up there with Sammy Morgan in my pecking order of forgettable strikers
It was a thing of beauty, even Jota was involved :lol:

But in fairness, he went on to splutter in a team which was spluttering but it did look like a corner might be turned with that Burnley game. Until Ben f***ing Mee intervened.

It’s all moot now, his time with us is done.

Best of luck to him, sad to see some of the comments aimed at him from Villa fans on the Levante announcement tweet, but that's the ****** society we live in these days.

He wasn't trying to get his career ended by Ben Mee. He probably wasn't good enough but that's not his fault either. Good luck to the lad. I hope he gets to play out the rest of his career.

The sad thing is that when Despicable Mee committed GBH on him he was starting to find his feet. I hope one of our lot (accidentally) does a number on the thug when we meet Palace.

Hope he continues to do well so we can sell him on as he is not a Premiere League quality striker...... That said, he would have been a better option for last Saturday's strategy of hopeful crosses into the box.