The Wesley Moræs Thread | Page 69 | Vital Football

The Wesley Moræs Thread

Ben Mee has destroyed his career. Before his injury he was delivering basically Ollie Watkins (of this season) level output in terms of goals/ games at the premier league level. Now he looks like he needs to retire.

Wesley should be taking legal action for the horrific and totally unnecessarily challenge he was subjected to.

Ben Mee has destroyed his career. Before his injury he was delivering basically Ollie Watkins (of this season) level output in terms of goals/ games at the premier league level. Now he looks like he needs to retire.

Wesley should be taking legal action for the horrific and totally unnecessarily challenge he was subjected to.
It would be pretty difficult when the ref didn't see it as a foul, the lad was never going to make it, the goal against Everton aside he showed very little in the way of footballing ability and for me, he's not going to suddenly turn into Pele because he's been injured and we have to feel sorry for him . Yes it's a shame but he's not in the Ukraine having bombs dropped on him, like those poor buggers.
He's now a millionaire after his contract is paid up and far better of than most Brazilians from his background.
Tough as it seems he won't starve

It would be pretty difficult when the ref didn't see it as a foul, the lad was never going to make it, the goal against Everton aside he showed very little in the way of footballing ability and for me, he's not going to suddenly turn into Pele because he's been injured and we have to feel sorry for him . Yes it's a shame but he's not in the Ukraine having bombs dropped on him, like those poor buggers.
He's now a millionaire after his contract is paid up and far better of than most Brazilians from his background.
Tough as it seems he won't starve

Not entirely sure what the situation with Ukraine has to do with a lads career being ruined by a reckless twat exactly. People are allowed to feel a bit of empathy for someone despite worse things happening in the world.

It’s part and parcel of the game, one bad tackle can end your career, unfortunately. He must be on a couple of million a year from us though so he’s been more than compensated for it, it was quite obvious he was never PL quality and considering a few years before we signed him he was playing in the Slovakian league he’s probably come out of this pretty well financially at least

to be honest I never really rated him, bit of a poor mans joelinton if im honest. After watching him it looks like you dont have to be a top stiker to score goals in the belgian league. Sorry for his injury, but in all forms of life things can happen to you at work and thats that
Only going to leave us when his contract runs out

Not entirely sure what the situation with Ukraine has to do with a lads career being ruined by a reckless twat exactly. People are allowed to feel a bit of empathy for someone despite worse things happening in the world.

This is just it mate it wasn't even given as a foul and only Dougie came over to him to see if he was ok, at that moment in time nobody thought anything of it, but slo-mo replays are great thing, Villa fans aside nobody even remembers it. No CB worth his salt in the PL hasn't put in a far worse challenge than that, look at the stick Mings has had for the challenge on Saka , and it wasn't even a foul but he got booked for it, people wanting him sent off etc.
Wesley was unlucky, just as many players have been over the years.
Personally, I feel more sorry for the Ukrainians having bombs dropped on them than a millionaire footballer but that's me

Personally, I feel more sorry for the Ukrainians having bombs dropped on them than a millionaire footballer but that's me

Once again though mate why does Politics need to be brought into it? Whats going on in the world at the moment is awful but its a completely separate subject to a lad who's had his career ruined through injury? You dont have to feel sorry for him, thats your decision but I certainly do. Having had an injury thats affected my career in sport and work massively I can definitely feel some compassion for the bloke. Not being able to do the one thing you love doing is horrible.

Once again though mate why does Politics need to be brought into it? Whats going on in the world at the moment is awful but its a completely separate subject to a lad who's had his career ruined through injury? You dont have to feel sorry for him, thats your decision but I certainly do. Having had an injury thats affected my career in sport and work massively I can definitely feel some compassion for the bloke. Not being able to do the one thing you love doing is horrible.
Apparently you can either feel sorry for the plight of Ukraine or feel sorry for Wesley's career tanking, but not both, we do not have the capacity to care about multiple things.

I have just seen that there is a dead ladybird on the floor of my conservatory. Should I feel more sorry for that or Wesley?.
:shrug:

No mate I don't feel sorry for any fit multi millionaire, he's lived with one leg shorter than the other all his life and his injury doesn't stop him from working like the rest of us . Probably doesn't stop him playing football either.
I'd swap places with him that's for sure.
Nobody feels sorry for Micah Richards, do they? Why because he's made millions out of football and finished at 29 and making millions as a pundit

No mate I don't feel sorry for any fit multi millionaire, he's lived with one leg shorter than the other all his life and his injury doesn't stop him from working like the rest of us . Probably doesn't stop him playing football either.
I'd swap places with him that's for sure.
Nobody feels sorry for Micah Richards, do they? Why because he's made millions out of football and finished at 29 and making millions as a pundit

If I'm not mistaken, Wesleys injury wasn't due to a leg shorter than the other? It was due to a crunching tackle? Maybe I saw a different game to you then though..

If I'm not mistaken, Wesleys injury wasn't due to a leg shorter than the other? It was due to a crunching tackle? Maybe I saw a different game to you then though..

I said if he's had one leg shorter than the other all his life nothing to do with his injury. yes he was tackled but the ref did not even give free-kick, the Villa players bar Dougie never showed any concern until he was stretched off . It was an accident. He's still being paid his 10m wages over 4 years, he's not signing on.
He's still playing , he probably won't play for Villa again it doesn't mean we should have a whip-round for him does it, he's a wealthy young man with his whole life ahead of him, I don't think he'll end up on the streets.
Yes it's a shame but far worse things happen to people and even footballers