The Wesley Moræs Thread | Page 44 | Vital Football

The Wesley Moræs Thread

What gets me mad is the idiots on twatter who say it was a great tackle.

It's deserving of a long ban.

Have to say Villa players have been on the end of some awful tackles and heavy treatment, Grealish in particular had lumps kicked out of him. Thought it was non contact in the premiership.

Have to say Villa players have been on the end of some awful tackles and heavy treatment, Grealish in particular had lumps kicked out of him. Thought it was non contact in the premiership.

Agree, Wesley also has had lots of man handling when you watch him closely. The tackles on jack have been a joke sometimes, he gets stick for going over easy but I genuinely think he has to sometimes to roll the challenge otherwise he’d have dead legs every week.

Ashley Young used to do it, and I can’t recall him picking up a serious injury. It’s partly tactical but it’s also partly to protect himself.

From the highlights he was doing fine in that match, putting himself about a lot. He and Heaton have had the most minutes in the PL this season. Ironic.

Since Bramall Lane away I thought he had really worked his socks off. I hope he has a full recovery and rejoins the team when fit.

I personally feel he has shown tangible improvements over the past six weeks and week on week improvement at that. Oddly this started when we started to lump he started to player better and get more involved.

Now his improvement still left a lot to be desired until Burnely really which is such a shame he got injured. I really thought we'd see him tear into Fulham and almost announce that he has adapted.

Maybe thats just wishful thinking.

The hand of fate for some says it's just not right. Certainly feels this way now. Our tactics from day 1 left the bloke pissing into the wind, alone.

As is always the case, you watch how much wes improves without kicking a ball!! Fans will talk him up like he's the brazilian Ronaldo and the answer to all our problems.

It's happening already if you read the last 2 pages of this thread.

As said, feel sorry for him on a personal level, but he's an awful footballer and can't help but think this will keep us up.

Some of the criticism was ludicrous imho. Considering he was/is understanding a new culture, new club, new way of playing, new system of play, playing with many new teammates, getting kicked and not getting free-kicks (for which he would've expected to get the call in both Brazil and Belgium) I think he's done well.
We seem to love a scapegoat when things aren't going well, yet this kid got it worse than most. He did have a couple of bad games for sure, but so does every player.....

In some ways i dont think anybody wants to criticize him, i think a lot are probably more angry that we brought a young kid into the team who needs time to adapt to the way Dean wants him to play, i don't think any of us thought it was a good idea to bring a player in that needs time, because we don't have it. so unfortunately the fans will vent their anger on the player when things are not going right,. i know that's unfair, but that's what happens. I hope he comes back to finish the job he started, serious injuries are not something any fan wants to see,whether you like the player or not.

Last edited:
Ben Mee must be so proud of himself. He’s now ended two players’ seasons in consecutive years.
Nothing will be said or done. VAR is too busy trying to cancel out goals for a heel being in an offside position, the FA don’t give a crap because they’re still getting their money and the media are shit-scared of that croaky-voiced loud-mouth of a manager at Burnley that they dare not upset him...

I feel a lot of sympathy for the lad. Having moved to England and having struggled to get up to speed in the PL, he was starting to find some form when he was taken out by Mee. I hope the injury is less serious than we think and he gets back to full fitness as soon as possible.

Oh, and Ben Mee, what a prick.

Last edited:
Some of the criticism was ludicrous imho. Considering he was/is understanding a new culture, new club, new way of playing, new system of play, playing with many new teammates, getting kicked and not getting free-kicks (for which he would've expected to get the call in both Brazil and Belgium) I think he's done well.
We seem to love a scapegoat when things aren't going well, yet this kid got it worse than most. He did have a couple of bad games for sure, but so does every player.....

Completely disagree with the above. The only criticism aimed at him that I consider to be unfair is about his lack of goals scored and the reason for that is that we honestly rarely create chances for him. However, I still feel we have wasted 22 million on him due to the following which cannot be disputed:

Negatives:
He is usually second to balls played in the air or along the ground.
Atrocious first touch and sometimes misses aerial balls completely.
Poor finishing skills and ball control.
Not being able to keep himself onside on many occasions previously.
Putting his hands up in the air in frustration often when he loses the ball or a decision is not in his favor given by the ref.
Does not make himself available to receive a pass by getting into good areas.
Poor at holding the ball up to bring others into play.
Zero dribbling skills.

Positives:
Does a lot of running around to close players down which is fantastic.

He has a lot to improve and this injury to him has happened at a really bad time. I wish him a speedy recovery. I however feel that his time here as our main striker has come to an end and we have to look for a new striker to replace him sharpish.

They tell things happen for a reason, I see he's already getting better and by September he'll be the best striker we've ever had.
He's had a very easy ride from the fans at games who let's face it have destroyed better players than him in less time.

Hopefully, he'll be back next season and we'll have bought in a couple of decent strikers so the pressure will be off him like it now seems to be with Nyland .

Dean in sticking with him in every single game was doing him no favours, It's now forced Deano's arm to change things that need changing just like Targett getting injured did.

I wish the lad a speedy recovery but let's be blunt he's no great loss to the team , I'm far more concerned about Heaton who has been our second-best player.

There you go , say it like it is

They tell things happen for a reason, I see he's already getting better and by September he'll be the best striker we've ever had.
He's had a very easy ride from the fans at games who let's face it have destroyed better players than him in less time.

Hopefully, he'll be back next season and we'll have bought in a couple of decent strikers so the pressure will be off him like it now seems to be with Nyland .

Dean in sticking with him in every single game was doing him no favours, It's now forced Deano's arm to change things that need changing just like Targett getting injured did.

I wish the lad a speedy recovery but let's be blunt he's no great loss to the team , I'm far more concerned about Heaton who has been our second-best player.

There you go , say it like it is

Agree with that. I see fans are reacting as if he was scoring loads of goals for fun !
With him on the pitch it is like playing with no striker at all. At least now Dean can play someone else.

I have heard from a very good source that it is a really bad injury.
That 'tackle' from Mee - that VAR never looked at - could have been a career finisher.
I have been critical of Wesley for his application at times but I have to wish him well for the surgery and his recovery.

Sounds like Mee is getting the same treatment Tyrone did for stamping on peoples heads.
Injuries happen who are we blaming for Heatons the goalpost?