The Wembley Playoff Final Thread; Huddersfield Town Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by every loyal supporter of the 21st Century | Page 34 | Vital Football

The Wembley Playoff Final Thread; Huddersfield Town Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by every loyal supporter of the 21st Century

Can't have that talk lad, HTFC were robbed, the ref was paid apparently. If you scroll some forums at the moment, the conspiracy theories are actually rather entertaining. Some 'Town' fans are convinced it was all a big plot for the powers that be to have their preferred team in the Prem. Of course they fail to acknowledge we have not been within an arses roar of this feat in many people's lifetime and not withstanding the fecking awful officiating we have had to endure this season.

Weirdly, I have had alot of salt and bitterness from Panthers fans this week as well. It's bonkers! You'd think they would appreciate more eyes on the city, but I guess they can't escape the fact they they get less spectactors than a Non-League local side.

Notts fans have been rather congratulatory though I've found along with a few Leeds supporting mates.
It is an interesting, and unexplained, feature of this conspiracy that it also involves preventing Huddersfield Town from managing to achieve even one shot on target over 96 minutes plus at Wembley.
Perhaps those fine minds from West Yorkshire will, at some stage, shed some light on this conundrum.

Proper team with proper fans

I think we go from strength to strength from this

Let's just build on what we have

On the pitch and in the stands

Team spirit

We genuinely got promoted together. Manager, players and fans as one

Something special happened this season. It was destiny to go up at Wembley for the whole club

'Forest are magic on and off the pitch' - repeat!

This got us through the semi's, fantastic noise at the WFCG & then, Wembley - incredible - a genuine life long, shared memory!

Now let's move forwards!

Huddersfield and Blades fans do- their forums are full of conspiracy theories. Huddersfield fans, having spent the last two weeks lamenting the incompetence of Moss based on their previous experiences of him, have decided that his failure to award a penalty is better explained by corruption.

Blades fans are enthusiastically pushing this as well. The entire playoff reeks of corruption to them, which they believe is evidenced clearly by us being the bookies favourites to win the final and because sky said some nice things about us

Fcuk 'em!

One more thing.

I was amazed at how genuinely excited our subs and fringe players were at the end of the game. It was so noticeable

It's a new thing the best managers do now where they show as much care and interest in their squad players as they do the starters.

So instead of being miserable when out of the team these players very much feel part of the team and important to the cause

Much as he was a genius stuff like that was alien to BC. I know it's pretty alien to lots more managers in the game who have only seen tough love type managers and do not know any better

Pep watches videos of how his fringe players react to goals etc when on the sidelines to check they are fully on board all the time

Looks like Cooper is of the same forward thinking mindset

Those words and images in the dressing room for each player suggest he very much is
I was thinking exactly this on Sunday it was really nice to see Bong, Grabban and Taylor and others celebrating with everyone else. Great team spirit and highlights exactly why this season has been so successful and memorable. We really are a force to be reckoned with 👍

For those of you who, like me, still can't get Freed from Desire out of your heads, here is a reply by the DJ, Tony Perry, on Twitter to a fan thanking him for the brilliant music at the final whistle plus the awesome video to remember it

Got to say, Wembley nailed just about every aspect of the occasion on sunday

From now on every time we score at City ground our DJ should play freed from desire

I think I saw a picture of Jason Lee in the crowd with the fans as well.

There's another video doing the rounds of Majewski in a pub wearing his Forest top getting pissed with Forest fans who are chanting his name.

They are all just jealous bastards

Seriously I hope we just kick on and leave them all looking up to us in awe of what we've got at the club now

I can actually remember feeling jealous of what Huddersfield were doing not that many years ago!!

It's our time now. And there's fook all any of their complaints or sour grapes can do about it

Hope we get to play Sheff Utd or Huddersfield again in FA Cup In next couple of years and put five past them

The key to this is taking the opportunity we've earnt for ourselves and building on it
With Huddersfield, I think it's karma for the time they played 10 reserves against Birmingham, hence giving them an advantage over fellow relegation strugglers, us and Blackburn?