The Vital Villa Music Thread | Page 487 | Vital Football

The Vital Villa Music Thread

Just looking at the lineup for tomorrow.

Kendrick Lamarr (whhhooooo???) headlining the pyramid stage while The Pet Shop Boys headline the other stage!

Has the other stage ever drawn a bigger crowd for a headliner before? Tomorrow could be the day!

Kendrick Lamarr (whhhooooo???) headlining the pyramid stage while The Pet Shop Boys headline the other stage!

Has the other stage ever drawn a bigger crowd for a headliner before? Tomorrow could be the day!
I dunno, maybe lots of Kendrick Lamar fans bought tickets?

Bloody hell, that went on a bit last night . 2hrs 45min, didn't finish until 0115am. I'm knackered!.

That was some performance from Macca. 80 years old ffs. I know the voice is slightly dodgy in places, but christ..80 !.

Oh and Dave Grohl and Springsteen. Wow.

Bloody hell, that went on a bit last night . 2hrs 45min, didn't finish until 0115am. I'm knackered!.

That was some performance from Macca. 80 years old ffs. I know the voice is slightly dodgy in places, but christ..80 !.

Oh and Dave Grohl and Springsteen. Wow.
I felt they could have turned his mic up a little but still sounded good to me, obviously degraded but as you say, that's age for you, how many 80 year olds can do that? I was in awe at his energy and ability to easily switch between multiple instruments.

He played a few songs I've never heard, newer stuff and I enjoyed that as well.

Naturally lots people are moaning on the internet. "He doesn't sound good", "he's playing songs I've never heard" etc. Makes me realise what a bunch of self-entitled low attention span twats occupy this current generation of society.

What is the sound like there, as I always find the BBC never quite get it right in their coverage.

Amazing, at 80, no doubt at all. Amazing the happiness that man has brought to the world and the impact he has had on music. Always comes over as a genuinely nice guy as well, when interviewed.

Personally I felt it was a bit of a meandering set from Sir Paul last night. I get that he doesn’t want to just be a solo Beatles tribute act and he has decades of material after that era, but felt there was a better balance to be had between his classics and his newer stuff particularly in the first half. He has the right to play whatever he likes from his own catalogue of course but realistically he is headlining the biggest festival because of he’s written and co-written some of the biggest classics of all time, to be fair he did get to towards the end. I’m sure his long standing fans would have loved every minute, but it fell short of what it perhaps could have been in my opinion

I always found that one of the most satisfying Glastonbury experiences was the almighty dump that you could take when you finally got home.... No feeling quite like it.

I didn’t take a dump for 3 days when I went there, those toilets are the absolute stuff of nightmares. Unthinkable nowadays with dietary issues, I’d be in there 3 times a day.

The problem is, the older you get the less you recognise some of the headliners. I had absolutely no idea who Billie Eilish is but I guess for her to be headlining she must be a big deal, did watch one of her songs being performed on the iPlayer, never heard it but it wasn’t terrible and the field looked full. As for Kenrick Lamar, I do know who he is and tbf he’s pretty big especially within his genre. Not sure whether he’s a headliner but I’m sure many think it’s right. I remember when Jay-Z headlined and tickets were being sold in HMV up to the day before, unthinkable now.

Glastonbury is such a big festival there is guaranteed to be something you like if you don’t want to watch one of the main headliners. Back in 2010 I only saw Stevie Wonder out the 3 as I had zero interest in Muse or Gorillaz who replaced U2, wouldn’t have watched them either.