The Vital Villa Music Thread | Page 486 | Vital Football

The Vital Villa Music Thread

Liam is an absolutely great front man. Of that there is no doubt. His voice in the Knebworth heyday was epic. I actually think nowadays with perhaps a more ..ahem… cleaner living lifestyle ….he has got it back more than in very long time .

Liam is a great front man. Noel is an incredible all round musician.

They were both best together of that there's no doubt but Noel has definitely had the better solo career despite what sales figures say.

That's mostly the younger generation I think. Most people my age who I know love HFB. I've seen them 4 or 5 times now all across Europe. Always epic.
Heard him interviewed earlier, he basically said he knows that people are only there for the 90s/Oasis stuff, but he likes to make them wait 😂

I do like HFB, by the way.

That's mostly the younger generation I think. Most people my age who I know love HFB. I've seen them 4 or 5 times now all across Europe. Always epic.

Apart from Dublin, I thought he was abysmal that night. And tonight, would you not agree (!?!) was paint by numbers? He's just going through the motions these days, as his last few songs have also illustrated.

His voice isn't what it was , but it doesn't really bother me as he is a living legend

Really enjoying Paul McCartney , to be able to do this at 80 must take some doing.

Liam shouts, Noel sings. Simple.

Liam was a great singer for a while, he is now a tribute act to himself/Oasis. His solo stuff is so unbelievably patchy and I think my 'review' of his latest album was something like 'it isn't terrible' ... he has some good ideas, but he never gives the music a chance to breath, he seems to think he needs to sing every second of every song.

His voice isn't what it was , but it doesn't really bother me as he is a living legend

Really enjoying Paul McCartney , to be able to do this at 80 must take some doing.

Be good to be there, but I'm going to turn this off, got all the Beatles albums and followed his solo/Wings stuff. His voice is shot. I did the same with an old favourite of mine, Ian Gillan, many moons ago, when I saw him with Deep Purple in the early 90's. Enough was enough.

Apart from Dublin, I thought he was abysmal that night. And tonight, would you not agree (!?!) was paint by numbers? He's just going through the motions these days, as his last few songs have also illustrated.
It's hard to keep the vibe so high I guess belting out the classics. Thought he was superb supporting U2 and followed that up seeing them in Manchester and Dublin , brilliant shows. Love his music and singing and band

It's hard to keep the vibe so high I guess belting out the classics. Thought he was superb supporting U2 and followed that up seeing them in Manchester and Dublin , brilliant shows. Love his music and singing and band

Saw him in Amsterdam with Deano, now that was a night!

Saw him supporting U2... was decent, but not up to what he does as headliner.

Saw him in Amsterdam with Deano, now that was a night!

Saw him supporting U2... was decent, but not up to what he does as headliner.
One of the few bands I've seen where members of U2 regularly come out to watch the support act. Stereo MC's was the other on Zoo TV tour

Yeah that was it. We thought it was lazy. It was the last date of that tour and it just felt like he was going through the motions waiting to go on holiday.
If it was the day it pissed down , blossoms, inhaler, etc I thought was ok but yeah come to think of it Manchester was better in heaton park