The Unai Emery Thread | Page 79 | Vital Football

The Unai Emery Thread

Agree - but some of them will if we are to progress. Like I have said shuffling £15m players in and out won't achieve anything.

If thats all we intend to do it won't work but shuffling in a few astute buys on lower fee's while backing that up with genuine quality for 40M here and there would be transformational. Newcastle have essentially done that.

Picked up Dan Burn for 13M and Trippier for 15M, Pope for 10M and then got themselves Bruno and Botman for 40M each. Schar, Joelinton and Wilson all being coached properly and put into a system that suits them.

The right man and recruitment can turn things around pretty quickly.

If thats all we intend to do it won't work but shuffling in a few astute buys on lower fee's while backing that up with genuine quality for 40M here and there would be transformational. Newcastle have essentially done that.

Picked up Dan Burn for 13M and Trippier for 15M, Pope for 10M and then got themselves Bruno and Botman for 40M each. Schar, Joelinton and Wilson all being coached properly and put into a system that suits them.

The right man and recruitment can turn things around pretty quickly.

Yep - I'm not confident we will do the Bruno, Botman bit .....time will tell I suppose.

Worth listening to the whole 25 mins I think. Some very interesting comments , but overall I 'm so glad we have this bloke. He is so clear in what he wants from the side.

https://video.avfc.co.uk/video/dm9k...3Q2hvbWUlMkZoZXJvX2Nhcm91c2VsJTdDdW5kZWZpbmVk

I'm glad you thought it was clear, I think he's the dogs dangly but but wtf is he rambling about at times?
I think he implied we have to shift a few out before we can bring more into the squad. He wants a winger I got that bit, he only wants players that will improve us, which I assume he means starters, not backups. That's nice to know, they all come out with this help us bit so as not to upset the rest of them.

I'm not too sure what else he said apart from that they are working hard etc etc

I'm glad you thought it was clear, I think he's the dogs dangly but but wtf is he rambling about at times?
I think he implied we have to shift a few out before we can bring more into the squad. He wants a winger I got that bit, he only wants players that will improve us, which I assume he means starters, not backups. That's nice to know, they all come out with this help us bit so as not to upset the rest of them.

I'm not too sure what else he said apart from that they are working hard etc etc

Well those were the bits I was referring to really. He seems clear in his mind what we need. Already sorted out a bit of pace .

Some people are not good linguists and it's frustrating because when you hear him in Spanish it's so erudite. In any case he said Augustinson get on yer bike. I'm not sure I've actually heard that from another Villa manager. He's farmed out Archer.. obviously not impressed at present. There is a ruthlessness to this which needs to happen. He's on a mission here to prove himself and I'm 100% behind his clarity of thought. In the long run it needs to be ingrained in the club not just 1 manager.

Well if last Sunday was anything to go by, he needs to sign about 9 players.......

Some people are not good linguists and it's frustrating because when you hear him in Spanish it's so erudite. In any case he said Augustinson get on yer bike. I'm not sure I've actually heard that from another Villa manager. He's farmed out Archer.. obviously not impressed at present. There is a ruthlessness to this which needs to happen. He's on a mission here to prove himself and I'm 100% behind his clarity of thought. In the long run it needs to be ingrained in the club not just 1 manager.
I agree with that, except necessarily for the ‘good linguist’ part. Guy is learning. English pronunciation ain’t that easy. But I get your sentiment. He’s obviously intelligent.

I agree with that, except necessarily for the ‘good linguist’ part. Guy is learning. English pronunciation ain’t that easy. But I get your sentiment. He’s obviously intelligent.

We know he's a great manager and the best we've had in many years but compare his English to Emi Martinez then tell me Emery speaks good English when he clearly doesn't. Native English speakers can decipher what he means, I doubt anyone who speaks English as a second language can.
Doesn't make him a bad manager but just imagine how much easier it would be if he spoke it as well as Emi. That's all I'm saying, I feel he's a great manager who will get even better once he is at Martinez's level of English

We know he's a great manager and the best we've had in many years but compare his English to Emi Martinez then tell me Emery speaks good English when he clearly doesn't. Native English speakers can decipher what he means, I doubt anyone who speaks English as a second language can.
Doesn't make him a bad manager but just imagine how much easier it would be if he spoke it as well as Emi. That's all I'm saying, I feel he's a great manager who will get even better once he is at Martinez's level of English
Big difference is Emi has been in England since he was a youngster

Yeah, who knows, his assistant/translator dude that he has with him is probably a very well paid polyglot or something which will help.

I just think more gets made of it (in the press) with Emery than other managers for some reason, and I hate it.

Villa and every other PL team will have teams of professional translators in and around every session at the club. It's been like that for years. If Bielsa can get his (idiotic and stupid) ideas across to Leeds then I've no worries about Emery communicating.

Like 14 years. Let's be realistic.
I know mate but that's the difference.
He will learn it, it's not there yet.

We don't need to learn another language because everywhere we go they want to practice English with us.

I went to Bayern years ago and outside the ground, I plucked up the courage to ask for a hotdog in German, the bloke answered me in English!!