The Unai Emery Thread | Page 81 | Vital Football

The Unai Emery Thread

It's like a tradesman being asked to work with poor-quality tools.

It's the first time in many years I can actually point a finger at the players to criticise rather than the manager in charge.

I look forward to him building his own team that finally reflects his own passion and desire on the pitch to win games.

He'll do for me for sure.

What I liked about Leeds was he refused to rise the bait of going toe to toe with them and played the whole game as if it was at Elland Rd. It was the perfect away performance at Home

I have a fondness for Unai that almost borders on love though I hasten to add, not of the romantic kind. He seems totally right for us, genuine, sincere and totally on board. If Romero encapsulates the type of player we can expect to see coming in then there will be heady days ahead and fewer heart in the mouth ones like last night.

As it stands . No one has won more premier league points than us since Unai came in.

Last 6 under Unai - 4 wins

Previous 17 under YTS slippy G - 3 wins.

just shows how the players let super stevie g down innit
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah course.

We'd be level with Everton or so if we hadn't got rid of that fraud and replaced him with proper quality

Aston Villa FC has been waiting for decades for someone to come along and take the club by the scruff of the neck and give it a dam good shake and restore it so we are respected again in the world of football and not just dismissed with a shake of the hand by so many people who love to have a dig at us.

I sincerely hope that man will be Unai Emery and in 10 years' time, we have a statue of the man outside the Unai Emery Stand.

The club, the owners, the ground and the facilities............It's all in place just waiting for someone to become a living legend.

However, this is the Villa and nothing comes easy but I live in hope:grinning:

Love that midnight post by the gaffer. I really don’t want to get my hopes up because we’ve climbed up only to fall so many times but something about this bloke just feels so right. His manner, his respect, his courtesy, his tactical nous, his preparation and planning, his work ethic, his lack of billy big time..off down the tunnel rather than giving it the big one on the pitch when we win…and perhaps most significantly for us, his past record which speaks for itself and is way beyond any other boss we’ve appointed. Couldn’t have impressed me more in the short time he’s been with us.