The Unai Emery Thread | Page 80 | Vital Football

The Unai Emery Thread

I've never had trouble understanding him, it's just a bit of an adjustment - but I thought his English already sounded clearer, going by the latest presser.

Anyone remember that hit by tenpole Tudor ? Swords of a thousand men ?

We could easily tweak the chorus to make a great Emery chant ?

Remember the spurs game last season ? - tonight was the reverse. Leeds pumelled us for the first 45.
But then their energy levels dropped and we were able to slice through quite a bit in the second half.

I don't know if it's a plan - but we seem to finish games strongly - we could have won against wolves for example. And despite the late scare tonight we looked like we had a goal in us in the latter stages.

Remember the spurs game last season ? - tonight was the reverse. Leeds pumelled us for the first 45.
But then their energy levels dropped and we were able to slice through quite a bit in the second half.

I don't know if it's a plan - but we seem to finish games strongly - we could have won against wolves for example. And despite the late scare tonight we looked like we had a goal in us in the latter stages.
At 2-0 up we had a couple of chances to put the game to bed.

Interesting read. I’m a bit careful to judge too much after 6 games, as Stevie G’s first 6 games had us all in a false sense of hope, but Unai is a different gravy.

Gerrards stats are summed up by Coutinho’s play. Too many touches, not moving the ball quick enough and ending up with long range shots.

The Ollie Watkins heat map is stark, perhaps Gerrard wasn’t helping him perform.

In the EPL for me its not just the win record that is impressive. It is also the games that we've won. Beat Manure finally, back to back away wins, and even last night. Was a game that didn't change the position in the table but the win changed the outlook. Instead of being top of the bottom group, we're around the bottom of the top and there's a gap below.