The Unai Emery Thread | Page 237 | Vital Football

The Unai Emery Thread

It seems like there are a lot of top jobs coming up and not a lot of top managers to fill them so I would imagine Tuchel will have no problem finding a new job this summer.

It's why extending Unai's contract was so important. Once we get passed this summer, I don't expect such a glut of top jobs to come up for a while.

Tuchel is decent if an unlikeable bloke. Emery is on a totally different level though.

The fact that Liverpool or Bayern haven't made a serious play for Emery suggests to me that they know he is happy and unobtainable right now 👍👍

It seems like there are a lot of top jobs coming up and not a lot of top managers to fill them so I would imagine Tuchel will have no problem finding a new job this summer.

It's why extending Unai's contract was so important. Once we get passed this summer, I don't expect such a glut of top jobs to come up for a while.
I genuinely hope he doesn't end up at United. Chelsea dropped a massive bollock letting him go. Almost Small Heath-esque with that Rooney appointment because Todd just wanted his own man.

In either case I am not massively worried about it, I think we will continue to have one of the top 3 managers in the league and probably top 5 in the world.

Its clearer than ever we need to both improve personnel and increase the pool of players he can pick from. Players to raise the ceiling and the floor.

Thought his post match was great. Still not making excuses but clearly has the player's backs. De Zerbi's comments are interesting too, he basically said that wasn't Villa today, citing injuries plus Europe. A frustrating watch but Emery is right to be positive. It's because we've had a good season that we are so knackered, we're right up there in terms of amount of games now, hardly with the biggest squad.

I'm still not betting against us.

It often crosses my mind that one day, hopefully a long time from now, a new generation of Villa fans will be calling for Unai's head because we got knocked out of the CL in the quarter finals and finished second in the league.

They will find it unbelievable that there was a time when we didn't win stuff every season.

It often crosses my mind that one day, hopefully a long time from now, a new generation of Villa fans will be calling for Unai's head because we got knocked out of the CL in the quarter finals and finished second in the league.

They will find it unbelievable that there was a time when we didn't win stuff every season.
bout 12 months time then
#unaiout

think ten hag has done a pretty decent job tbf - deserves some sort of award shirley

If we had fans like that joining here I'm pretty sure I'll be getting banned quite quickly.