The Unai Emery Thread | Page 224 | Vital Football

The Unai Emery Thread

Yes Konsa is not a right back is he?
Thought perhaps the methology behind it was that if Moreno bombed forward, which he does, the remaining defensive line reverted to a back 3 with Konsa shuffling across. Of course Bailey takes care of the right flank so need for Konsa to go marauding.

I think he's been excellent the last couple of games, to be fair to him.
I've been his biggest and longest-term criticizer, I agree he has been a lot better and most of that seems to be from being more positive. A lot less cutting back and playing backward and square passes.

Still not a great attacking RB, his final ball is still poor.

A handful of costly brain farts aside, I'd agree.
I have him right in front of me when we attack the Witton end and he's constantly the one who drops first and spoils the line, he naturally wants to tackle and block but Emery wants him to hold the line, hence Konsa get the nod in many games. Plus Unai likes a RCB at right back as it allows 3 at the back and Moreno to play as a winger.
I'm not sure where the new Right back fits in for next season as he is a very quick lad.
Cash comes under "he's ok but we can improve on him" as we can and must with a couple of players every season.

I'm sure the analytical mind of Unai Emery will already have processed hours and hours of playback videos of our games so he can identify which players in the squad will have cost him and the team points throughout the season due to mistakes etc.

I have no doubt he will set out to replace them with a better player who is more reliable and not prone to mistakes in defence etc in order to continue to improve his team.

That's the way top football managers manage so I expect departures and arrivals subject to finances of course.

I'm sure the analytical mind of Unai Emery will already have processed hours and hours of playback videos of our games so he can identify which players in the squad will have cost him and the team points throughout the season due to mistakes etc.

I have no doubt he will set out to replace them with a better player who is more reliable and not prone to mistakes in defence etc in order to continue to improve his team.

That's the way top football managers manage so I expect departures and arrivals subject to finances of course.
This.

TBF he's been thrown a shitty hand at some stages this year, but not once has he bemoaned his bad luck or blamed external influences for poor performances. We are still a work in progress so while Unai may already have achieved the impossible, miracles will take a little longer (compliments David Berglas)

Still doesn’t seem to stop some pundits suggesting our away form is our achilles heel this season…. :clown:
The sheer desperation to create a narrative or trend to tear us down is stunning. They don't do that with the coverage here in the states which lends credence to the conspiracy that Sky has bias toward these teams.

Still the 4th best away record and 4th best home record.

The sheer desperation to create a narrative or trend to tear us down is stunning. They don't do that with the coverage here in the states which lends credence to the conspiracy that Sky has bias toward these teams.

Still the 4th best away record and 4th best home record.
and the 4th best team
considering the starting points of the managers above Unai is manager of the season

News must be a thin at the moment. I saw another online reference in the Birmingham Mail on the lines of ,”Emery to United.” I assume they mean Manchester Utd and not Colchester.

I must admit the team v Wolves had me scratching my head. However it was not pretty and we won with a clean sheet. Just proves what I know. As he said after we are going to need all the players with the games to come.