The Unai Emery Thread | Page 223 | Vital Football

The Unai Emery Thread

Was really excited about the line up when announced but we were awful in truth.

But how many times under other managers have we been dreadful first half and the same team has come out with the same tactics 2nd half and nothing changes.

Not elite Unai. Owned the mistake of the line-up, rectified it at first opportunity and changed the game in our favour with the right players. We looked so much better and comfortable with Cash and Digne full backs and Pau/Ezri the CB's.

Last edited:
I’ve never liked the idea of Konsa at right back. It seems like making two changes to compensate for one missing player. At least Unai seems to have binned the 3 at the back experiment.

I doubt Unai's binned any of his experiments. I like the fact he has individual plans for individual opponents and for me 90% of the time if a plan's not worked it's been down to the players rather than the plan itself.

Konsa + Torres is our best CB pairing by far though. If Nedeljkovic can offer more consistency than Cash, I hope that's what we'll see most games next season.

I doubt Unai's binned any of his experiments. I like the fact he has individual plans for individual opponents and for me 90% of the time if a plan's not worked it's been down to the players rather than the plan itself.

Konsa + Torres is our best CB pairing by far though. If Nedeljkovic can offer more consistency than Cash, I hope that's what we'll see most games next season.

I'd like to see Cash start games for the rest of this season and then he and the Serbian guy compete for a starting place next session.

Apparently he will offer a lot more pace. I'm looking forward to that.

Just wondering.

Is it just me that's unconsciously started doing Unai-like celebrations when we score? Noticed it last night 🤣.