The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 91 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

And it's not like his message was open to interpretation where he used a wrong word in jest or something like that.

I would give leeway if that had been the case and I'd expect them to contact him and to explain his error and the need for a temporary restriction, so he could then prove he'd learnt from it.

But this wasn't that.

Should’ve banned him for life for the message it sends to other people.

At the end of the day, it’s not rocket science for him to create a new account, unfortunately.
Can you ban dan, or do they just reappear in a different guise?

Pathetic platform and a pathetic gesture. hHat just makes others think they can get away with it as well.

Shame the world doesn't have the sense to collectively come off it!

This no way to really ban people. New email address, new IP address (easily done with a VPN), even if you banned via MAC address it's easy to spoof that.

Yeah, there are ways to have a half chance of catching people returning, been a 'war' we at Vital (network, not just Villa) have had for years. Not easy and it does take time and as you say, isn't perfect because people do get round it.

But Twitter should have come down hard on this, even if it is just tokenism.

But then, maybe users need to make the stand and sod off out of the place?

Don’t the filters on social media platforms spot and block this distasteful nonsense? The offending word can hardly have slipped through the net.

But then, maybe users need to make the stand and sod off out of the place?
That really is key to it, but sadly it attracts people who feed of this type of thing, and the chances of anything on a significant scale are remote.

That really is key to it, but sadly it attracts people who feed of this type of thing, and the chances of anything on a significant scale are remote.

Clubs and players could, many a decent fan would follow the example I think. Leave the bile ridden idiots on there, to their own horrible view on the world...!

not really read too much about this but mings and all other people that may get offended easy should take them selfs off social media and get on with whats really important and thats doing what there paid too do
the same players love social media when its bigging them up but cry when it goes the other way
i also think that the racist word is used far to easily when most the time its just name calling and bullying and every one gets it in one way or another if your fat.4eyed .goofy or ginger and it hurts just as much but everyones jumping on it now bit harsh i know but id say this to anyone that dont like being called names on twitter or facebook ....dont use it

not really read too much about this but mings and all other people that may get offended easy should take them selfs off social media and get on with whats really important and thats doing what there paid too do
the same players love social media when its bigging them up but cry when it goes the other way
i also think that the racist word is used far to easily when most the time its just name calling and bullying and every one gets it in one way or another if your fat.4eyed .goofy or ginger and it hurts just as much but everyones jumping on it now bit harsh i know but id say this to anyone that dont like being called names on twitter or facebook ....dont use it
Maybe you should read more about it.

You little wind up merchant you wal