The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 89 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

Clearly down to Mings but Sanson played a part by being needlessly closed down and the ball spun to Konsa who passed to Mings. Konsa immediately turns to bollock someone after the goal aswell which i suspect was Sanson.

Clearly down to Mings but Sanson played a part by being needlessly closed down and the ball spun to Konsa who passed to Mings. Konsa immediately turns to bollock someone after the goal aswell which i suspect was Sanson.
Yes agree in addition to Mings’ howler
it was Sanson who dilly-dallied on the ball which put us under needless pressure initially. Also the entire team display at that point was putting us at risk of something stupid like that going against us, it is a team game after all and we were abject up until the 75th minute.

And having lost the ball he then looks up to the sky and just stands with his arms outstretched instead of busting a gut to get back and try to get a tackle in.

I have previously been critical of Tyrone, largely because of his slipshod ways, and oveplaying, yesterday was a prime example.
However I am coming round to the way of thinking that if we cant coach this out of him, it is something that we have to accept, because the good far outways the bad.
He has developed a great partnership with Konsa, and both Target and Cash are looking the part in the back line.
That defence has been reponsible for a lot of our points this season, along with Martinez, and the odd balls up is something we may have to accept.

Last edited:
And take leaf out of the Paul McGrath playbook and know that sometimes you just have to launch it.

As Konsa does.

Good that he didn't crumble yesterday though, many a player would have lived that mistake for the rest of the game and not cleared their heads.

Some **** racially abused Tyrone on social media in the early hours of this morning - see image above. And the club backed him up. It's never going to change is it? Social media companies just don't give a shit.
Thank you.
It seems to be getting worse.

Some **** racially abused Tyrone on social media in the early hours of this morning - see image above. And the club backed him up. It's never going to change is it? Social media companies just don't give a shit.

Nope, too many ignorant arseholes who get protected and feel safe in front of their vile keyboards.

Hope he gets a knock on the door from the police (although no doubt they will then get slated for knocking too loud or something)

I was going to say what goes through these peoples minds, but I really don't want to know, I just wish covid could sort these sorts out, not the lovely people who have lost their lives!

Not the point btw, but I still don't get why players bother with social media, they were never allowed, then it all changed.

You are only going to get a) people blowing smoke up your arse b) people talking to you like you are close friends and tagging them into their inane shite c) abuse as soon as you have a bad performance or leave a club.

WIth that level of success, and financial gains, I'd be buggered if I could be bothered.

We have a fair following for Vital Villa on facebook (7000 odd I think) and twatter (15k or more) and I really hardly use either now, can't stand how you put up an article and it gets slated by no-mark herberts who aren't intelligent enough to read, let alone comment.

Rant over.

If I was the club and the players (all clubs) I'd say fuck off to twitter and come off it.

The cheaper technology became, the worst it became, seen such a difference the in the 20 years @mike_field and me have worked on forums and this network (including all the social media bits)... and of course, then came twitter... the very worst of all places I think.
This is the only forum I ever go on, and thought long and hard before actually commiting to comment in the first instance.
It has to be said it is very well run and moderated, and apart from the very occasional agitator that slips through the net its is a great site.

I do not see the point in re-posting racial abuse and giving the arsehole another platform, we all condemn it.