The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 37 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

Well chuffed for the lad. He absolutely deserves it and I don't doubt he will relish the opportunity to represent England. There can't be many neutrals who can argue he isn't worth a call up. Well done Tyrone time to shine for club and country

Really shocked me to hear him say he's never represented England at any level.

I remember him as a kid at Ipswich being talked as the next big thing, so can't see why he wouldn't have made any U19 or U21 squads.

Either way, great news for the guy and couldn't think of a nicer more deserving guy to be called up.

Oxlade-Chamberlain though?!?!?! He's played about 180 minutes in 2 years!

Brilliant. Nice one Tyrone.

Southgate picking on form .

Erm...well....

Lingard, Chamberlain ....:lol:

And that midfield as a whole must be up there with the worst ever seen in an England squad.

Nice to see a couple of Villa players in the England squad again. Grealish has some stuff competition with Maddison and mount though.

Also is Mason Mount better than Super Jack ? Nothing to do with the fact that he is now playing for a London club is it ?

Jack needs to step things up a couple of gears and start affecting games more if he wants England recognition. As simple as it sounds, a few goals get you noticed.

True, but it must be a little bit soul-destroying for Super Jack to see Ross Barkley in there ahead of him.

True, but it must be a little bit soul-destroying for Super Jack to see Ross Barkley in there ahead of him.
Hopefully the goal and "assist" the other night will spur him on to start producing his very best form. We all know that he is a far more talented footballer than Barkley and Mount, has a better football brain, and is more comfortable on the ball than every midfielder in that squad.
As with every other England selection-philosophy in my lifetime, Villa players will always be overlooked in favour of someone playing for the more-fashionable clubs....

To me, and my untrained eye, I see Jack as the glue that holds the team together. He is like a better version of Eric Dier - slightly different role, yes, but he just keeps everything ticking, holds the ball up, releases the ball at the right time.

Everyone seems to think Jack hasn't performed this season, but if he wasn't in the side, I think we'd have looked a different outfit.