The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 35 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

Here's an interesting question to ponder for tomorrow.
It used to be a tradition that when a player turned out against his former club for the first time, he was made captain for the day.
With it being Tyrone's first match against Bournemouth tomorrow will Jack hand him the armband or will the pull of leading Villa out as captain at Villa Park in the Premier League be too much of an honour to give up. Bear in mind that the first thing Jack did before going to collect the trophy at Wembley was get Chester to be alongside him.
Thoughts???

He played well. But to be talking of an England call up after one premier league match?
Personally I hate when Villa players get England call ups. Then they’re mixing with players from the Sky Six and getting tapped up.

As said, show that consistently and improve naturally and then's the time to ask. Not now, we need points first.

It used to be a tradition that when a player turned out against his former club for the first time, he was made captain for the day.
With it being Tyrone's first match against Bournemouth tomorrow will Jack hand him the armband or will the pull of leading Villa out as captain at Villa Park in the Premier League be too much of an honour to give up. Bear in mind that the first thing Jack did before going to collect the trophy at Wembley was get Chester to be alongside him.
Thoughts???
#dotherightthingjack

Thoughts???
I’ve never seen or heard of that tradition and I would say it’s unprofessional to hand over the captaincy to someone just because they used to play for the other team. They should be focused on playing for their own team, not who they used to play for

Just watched the extended highlights. What a great match for us.

There was a header in the first half, I'd say in the first 20 minutes where Mings was about 14ft in the air nutting it back down the pitch. It wasn't on the highlights. :(

Just watched the extended highlights. What a great match for us.

There was a header in the first half, I'd say in the first 20 minutes where Mings was about 14ft in the air nutting it back down the pitch. It wasn't on the highlights. :(
Yes, but the tackle on Richarlison midway through the first half was ....
:tank::tank::utv::utv:

very good honest read with great facts about the big man that restore your faith in the over hyped big 6 prem league we are very blessed to be in.
seems that a few pundits are starting to say good things about us as a club again from praising the stadium, the great atmosphere generated by a real fan base to the potential of the players under a good leader ship that bleed claret and blue.

Great article. Only criticism is the author comparing McGinn to Forest Gump.

McGinn deffenetly looks like Billy Whizz. If anybody can post an image of Billy running I'm sure you will instantly get the comparison.