The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 126 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

So he's either off this window or playing a reduced role. I said at the time of us signing Carlos that this could be curtains for Mings. Well he now has no leadership role to play for the club, not the club captain, not the on-field captain, not even vice captain.

Regardless of what is said by Mings on social media there's no positive way for him to take this, he will be seething. It's clear Gerrard doesn't really rate him as player and as a leader.

We'll see soon enough but I know that if I was replaced in any kind of leadership position by someone not performing any better than me I'm not sure I'd be thrilled about it.
Most people who rate themselves and have a backbone would leave under those sorts of circumstances.

He seems like a somewhat classy bloke and he's very media savvy, his post is very predictable. I'd wager it's the complete antithesis of what he is actually feeling.

Yeah, he's nipped it in the bud, which is the right thing to do, but you'd have to imagine he feels he's been done dirty, anyone would.

Well he's 2 choices.

He can get himself out of the club if he really wants to, someone would have him certainly as despite his undeserved rep as the worst CB in the universe he's still better than most CBs in the Premier league, including pretty much all of England's CBs and the ones currently at Villa.

Or he can knuckle down and prove Gerrard wrong. At his best he starts for us and he can easily re gain his spot in the England squad for the World Cup if he has a good start to the season.

Englands left side of defense shaping up really well for the world cup. The fella from Ajax will probably oust Maguire at LCB and I could see a situation where Mings is on the bench potentially even for the first game of the season.